Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I was surprised to see we were 4th favourite for the UCL at the start of the competition, but I think that's about right now. Watching City over the weekend, I think we beat them fairly easily. Liverpool, despite the results, don't look as good going forward as they did under Klopp and are doing just enough to get their wins

QSG have suddenly become a team without a star player and look dangerous, but they just don't have the pedigree in the UCL against a competent big team. Indeed, we should have beaten them under Xavi.

That leaves Madrid and Bayern who are the main challengers. Madrid have a self esteem issue when it comes to Barca. Yes, they have won the last few meetings, but Barca have been a mess and they really should have put in a few humiliations. The only time was when we practically had a reserve XI out in the 0-4.
When both teams are playing well, there is only one winner.

Bayern will be the biggest test, purely because mentally they have the psychological edge over us. Olise has revitalised their attack like Olmo has ours. The teams are very closely matched with the big differences being their goalkeeper and our manager.

People will accuse me of being overly optimistic again, but remember there is still Gavi, Araujo, Christensen, Olmo, Fermin, Tec to come in to this team. That depth coming off the bench will help tremendously.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yep Flick's Bayern was even after winning sextuple on fire, 31 shots against PSG, a miracle how they didnt win the tie

It's sad how much hate he got after his Germany stint, even a lot of Germans didnt rate him after his failure there but i knew he is more a club coach than nt coach, nice to see that he finally gets his praise from fans and media, #Hansi💯

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Actually, the attacking records are pretty out of reach from the PEAK Barca sides.

14/15 Barca scored 175 (!!!) goals in 60 games across all competitions. To do that while winning a treble shows just how insanely dominant MSN was :lol:

It's very hard to sustain this kind of goalscoring pace, but that Hansi is on this pace (and even slightly above) without prime MSN is an AMAZING feat.

He's an attacking genius.

MSN + Hansi = ☄️

ajnotkeith

It's ironic because he doesn't even really have the right backline for his system. If he was backed with money and signings I have confidence we'd compete for the CL.

Right now he has still managed to implement a world-class attacking system with a bit part squad and the wrong profiles in some areas.

Loki

It's ironic because he doesn't even really have the right backline for his system. If he was backed with money and signings I have confidence we'd compete for the CL.

Right now he has still managed to implement a world-class attacking system with a bit part squad and the wrong profiles in some areas.
With Araujo in for Inigo, we have actually the right backline for his system because all 4 defenders then have the pace and 3 out of 4 (apart from Balde) the 1vs1 skills. Kounde, Cubarsi and Araujo are perfect for his high defense line I think. It's just Balde who falls off.

Birdy

With Araujo in for Inigo, we have actually the right backline for his system because all 4 defenders then have the pace and 3 out of 4 (apart from Balde) the 1vs1 skills. Kounde, Cubarsi and Araujo are perfect for his high defense line I think. It's just Balde who falls off.

Araujo and Balde are the two best defenders we have in recovering kms with pace, WHEN the attacker is played through our offside trap.
Kounde to some extend.

Cubarsi and Inigo as CB duo are very prone to that, and we saw it yesterday with the SEvilla goal.
None of them has recovery pace

serghei

We can compete as it is once the main players are back.

No wrong profiles in the team. Just lacking some top experience on 2 positions.

The player profile is not an issue at all. The front trio is superb for example.

Loki

Barca's last 10 coaches, sorted by win quota and average goal per game in the first 12 games:

flick-tore-pro-spiel-barcelona-trainer-innews-1729520452-151942.png

Maradona37

He's doing brilliantly but he himself knows more than anyone that he has to maintain this. I believe he can, but obviously the hard work needs to be done.

The Bayern and Real Madrid games will tell us more. I really hope he and Barca come through unscathed because he's clearly putting in a lot of hard yards and he deserves the rewards.

Home of Barca Fans