Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

ajnotkeith

Flick's attack and midfield is better than Xavi's from 22-23. Supercharched Raphinha that is well settled now with Barca, Yamal the wonderkid, on form Lewa, Olmo as new signing...

Not to mention that the kids are more experienced now. Overall, the team is better, albeit with more injury problems, which is funny in its own right since we've been told how amateurish Xavi's staff was and how things will be a whole lot better with Flick.

Zero reasons to be very pessimistic. Everything is going great. Key players on fire, injured players coming back soon... Madrid in trouble. It's all lining up for us like in 22-23, with better football even.

I just don't see Madrid producing enough points this season to stop us. They will probably start focusing on CL by march or so if they drop 8-9 points behind.

They are -3 with a lot of luck. Shuld have been -6 already.
Lewa went to Saudi Arabia already or what?

serghei

Yes, Flick got rid of the old legs and surrounded Lewa with fast high workrate players. It just works. Raphinha is one of the ones that makes it tick. Olmo too when he's fit.

jamrock

Flick's attack and midfield is better than Xavi's from 22-23. Supercharched Raphinha that is well settled now with Barca, Yamal the wonderkid, on form Lewa, Olmo as new signing...

Not to mention that the kids are more experienced now. Overall, the team is better, albeit with more injury problems, which is funny in its own right since we've been told how amateurish Xavi's staff was and how things will be a whole lot better with Flick.

Zero reasons to be very pessimistic. Everything is going great. Key players on fire, injured players coming back soon... Madrid in trouble. It's all lining up for us like in 22-23, with better football even.

I just don't see Madrid producing enough points this season to stop us. They will probably start focusing on CL by march or so if they drop 8-9 points behind.

Yea I agree, I said when everyone is available flick shades it, a few week back, and in my post just now then deleted it.

That being said, he's handling the injury issues very well so far, we just need to get pena out of the goat, before things start going side ways.

Yamal
Lewa
Raphinha

Is definitely better than gavi, lewa, raphinha.

serghei

Yea I agree, I said when everyone is available flick shades it, a few week back, and in my post just now then deleted it.

That being said, he's handling the injury issues very well so far, we just need to get pena out of the goat, before things start going side ways.

Yamal
Lewa
Raphinha

Is definitely better than gavi, lewa, raphinha.

His system is also better than Xavi's imo in offense. So, a Flick team would probably create more chances than a Xavi team even with same personnel.

The key to Flick being a success here is how he will handle the spaces we leave behind in defense. Will we be able to constantly score 3-4 goals per game?

jamrock

His system is also better than Xavi's imo in offense. So, a Flick team would probably create more chances than a Xavi team even with same personnel.

The key to Flick being a success here is how he will handle the spaces we leave behind in defense. Will we be able to constantly score 3-4 goals per game?
True, it definitely is.

Xavi is a traditional Spanish/pep style manager, which is why a Top class DM is so key to his system.

Midfield was key for him.

While with Flick, he can hide a more average to good DM and still make it work.

jamrock

Team would still be pumping with gundo just the same, raphinha and yamal are the ones making up for lewa's legs.

Olmo scores but also drops back to help Pedri with midfield play, our midfield looks like a diamond a lot of the teams, with lewa dropping to cover the DM and the wingers coming in.

Horatio

You're welcome
Team would still be pumping with gundo just the same, raphinha and yamal are the ones making up for lewa's legs.

Not so sure would be just the same since gundo is pretty slow. Can't have none of those if want to cover for lewa.

Okay, did get overplayed that's true but lacks significant pace compared to olmo and rest.

Last edited:

Porque

Funk you on about.

Xavi vs Valladolid (MD4)
Screenshot-2024-10-12-at-8-06-59-PM.png

Flick vs Valladolid (MD3)
Screenshot-2024-10-12-at-8-09-26-PM.png

Flick wins the treble with that 22/23 squad. Look at those benches. Also Christensen is back in the squad the next matchday.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Xavi apologists keep forgetting that it is Flick who made various players look better.

Xavi did great to win us La Liga and trusted the youngsters but let's not go overboard.

jamrock

Funk you on about.

Xavi vs Valladolid (MD4)
Screenshot-2024-10-12-at-8-06-59-PM.png

Flick vs Valladolid (MD3)
Screenshot-2024-10-12-at-8-09-26-PM.png

Flick wins the treble with that 22/23 squad. Look at those benches. Also Christensen is back in the squad the next matchday.
Lol my man Laporta been doing good work for decades now.

Those first XI aren't far off, Xavi sqaud looks better because flicks magic Physical preparation has been a failure so far and injuries.

Last edited:

Joan

Flick’s team’s comparable to Xavi’s. Slight differences without injuries, though Xavi was unlucky in that regard as well. But Flick’s managed to get so much more out of his team. There are issues and question marks, we’ll draw conclusions at the end of the season and not much can be said about Flick now.

But Xavi is obviously not a natural and appears to be too stubborn to learn. Don’t know why some keep brining him up. Good thing he won the title but his coaching won’t be missed.

Home of Barca Fans