Given what we have seen so far and how Flick seems to want to play,

I think his first XI later in the season when everyone's fit will be:
--------------STegen
-Kounde-Araujo-Cub/Christ--Balde
---------------Bernal
------Gavi/Pedri-----
-Lamine---------Pedri/Raph---Olmo/Chiesa
----------------Lewa

Basically a toss between Gavi and Raph depending on the game: either Gavi is the mover from deep and Pedri plays as AM, or Pedri is controller from deep and Raph is the AM as we saw today

Others like Frenkie, Casado, Ferran, Ansu, etc. will get minutes but won't be starters

jamrock

I think de jong will be one of the core 15 plays.

Kounde, cubarsi, Araujo, Christensen, balde, Martinez

Bernal, pedri, gavi, Olmo, De jong

Raphinha,yamal,lewa,LW

And all the others will just be their to come off the beach and rotate.

JamDav1982

--------------STegen
---------------Bernal
------Gavi/Pedri-----
----------------Lewa

Basically a toss between Gavi and Raph depending on the game: either Gavi is the mover from deep and Pedri plays as AM, or Pedri is controller from deep and Raph is the AM as we saw today

Others like Frenkie, Casado, Ferran, Ansu, etc. will get minutes but won't be starters

FDJ will be a starter no doubt. Wait and see.

He will still be the best DM and the best with Pedri in the freer role beside it.

There needs to be a lot more rotation than last season in midfield but when fit FDJ is a clear starter.

Do like Araujo but teams adjust for him and try to set traps on his passing out from back and that is a big weakness.

Valverde comments on Cubarsi yesterday are what Barca miss even when Cubarsi with Araujo as much easier to set up for one CB that can pass than two.

A left footed Araujo that was good on ball would be the dream.. but then again that player would probably be worth 150m.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

--------------STegen
---------------Bernal
------Gavi/Pedri-----
----------------Lewa

Fermin?

JamDav1982

He would be on bench when all fit but the way Flick plays then he will be replacing the AMs with 20/30 mins to go and keeping them pressing like fuck.

Would guess Fermin/Raphinha going for that same role of pressing for Lewa more centrally as it stands.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude

--------------STegen
---------------Bernal
------Gavi/Pedri-----
----------------Lewa

As I was saying when flick joined. I have a feeling he will implement
Fdj ---- pedri
--- gavi----

We just got a glimpse of pedri being the semi double pivot. If both Pedri and Gavi plays, then I think Gavi will play a bit further up the pitch.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think the Germany stint made him better, the nt job was too early for him but good for us, he learned from his mistakes and we have now probably the prime version of Hansi 💯

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Think Xavi's first matches as coach looked positive as well.
Players probably fight harder to impress new manager and I wonder how we look in a month or so once everything settles down and roles are more clear.

Loki

Think Xavi's first matches as coach looked positive as well.
Players probably fight harder to impress new manager and I wonder how we look in a month or so once everything settles down and roles are more clear.
You talking about first games of the season or in general?
If in general, his very first game we barely won 1-0 with Depay penalty. The second game looked better with 1-3 in Villaread, but he lost the third at home against Betis and drew the 4th in Osasuna. 2 wins, 1 lose, 1 draw isn't very positive in my eyes but in his defense he had to play with Koeman's squad the first games.

If the season's first games:
Last season first game 0-0 in Getafe
The season before first game at home against Rayo 0-0

Loki

Nice to see players training after the win for the second time now. Seems like the report was true, that Flick thinks he shouldn't gift players free days, because they are not kids but professionals. Under Xavi they always had a free day after a win.

GV1jghRWoAAvlKr

jamrock

Coming in for 2 hours in a Sunday, when you get paid millions, shouldn't be a big leap.

A day off now and then to switch things up, isn't bad, but it shouldn't be the standard.

Loki

A day off now and then to switch things up, isn't bad, but it shouldn't be the standard.
Obviously. Everyone needs to recharge their battaries, but Xavi gifted free days as a reward for a win and that's ridiculous. They shouldn't be a gift, especially like you said being paid millions for having a 2 hour gym and grass session with friends. Most do it for free in their freetime.

Home of Barca Fans