Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Horatio

You're welcome
Real is not the benchmark, Xavi's Barcelona is. He should deefinitely get more points than him, his squad looks superior (if we can register Olmo and he doesn't get fucked by injuries as much as Xavi).

That’s what I was asking serghei.

This barca can still outpeform xavis in points and play but miss out on la liga depending on how real does.

JamDav1982

Not just the league.

Barca were fucking horrendous in the cup under Xavi and were awful in Europe.

Bit easier to get decent league totals when only really have league doing well in.

Flick needs to improve Barca in Europe and even the cup also.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

First flower from me. And that flower is for playing Raph centrally and Pedri deeper. Both of those 2 had their best performances in months

In addition to that, we were so much more inventive and vibrant in the final third.

A joy to watch.

Gracias, Dr. Flick.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

“It’s not easy with our high pressing and the risks we take – anything can happen but we are doing well,” said former Germany manager Flick.

“[Lewandowski] is always dangerous, no matter how old he is. We have a great atmosphere in the team and the attitude is fantastic. Everyone is responding really well. We have two wins and six points, which helps.”

“My staff are doing a great job with him,” said Flick. “Pedri has come back really well from injury. He played really well, balancing the team, protecting the ball and being patient and linking up. It’s great to see him out on the field.

“We have to keep improving and we are working to do better in the next game. That’s our objective and that’s how things will go well for us.

“It’s true that there are important pieces missing but even though we are not at 100 per cent, the situation is good and we are improving.”

Kul_z

Difference is that we dont know if flick is a top flight manager or not, but the thing is that he's at least capable of maxing out pros and minimize cons for now. If we put this lineup with xavi on the helm we'd be terrorized defensively. Flick has tough job fighting with this real squad for liga but somehow i have more faith in pattern and consistency then ancelotti "they are top players just let them play" attitude.
We're gonna give them a fight thats for sure

Birdy

There is just no way Barca can press from middle to front like did today with Gundogan in the team.

He is trying to find ways to prevent Lewa pressing.. one because he struggles and two to save his legs.

Last season Lewa was attempting to run about like a lunatic and Gundo was next up when beaten.

Tonight felt much more a Barca with intensity want to see even if still trying to cover Lewa.

Yes, he is trying to mask Lewa's lack of lungs and legs by forgiving him from the duty of pressing CBs, and letting him stay close to DM to intercept

But in general, this makes our press to much centrally-oriented. The good thing is teams cannot pass through the middle. The bad is that we leave the 2 FBs constantly open
Let's see how Hansi will continue

jamrock

Yes, he is trying to mask Lewa's lack of lungs and legs by forgiving him from the duty of pressing CBs, and letting him stay close to DM to intercept

But in general, this makes our press to much centrally-oriented. The good thing is teams cannot pass through the middle. The bad is that we leave the 2 FBs constantly open
Let's see how Hansi will continue
I agree, we were talking about the same the last game, but I think he made a slight adjustment today, the pressing resembled more of a 4-4-2 press than it did against Valencia, raphinha pressed the CB and Lewa dropped deep

If he kept/keeps it as central as he did against Valencia, it's going to lead to problems.

BJJ

Still early days but two wins is good considering our problems. I enjoyed watching Barca after a long time.
The fitness of the players clearly stands out. We are leaving opposition teams knackered after 60 to 70 minutes which is a huge positive.
Only negative is us not finishing chances. If things keep progressing we should look even better after a couple of months. Also Flick looks like he will pick team on merit.

Home of Barca Fans