Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I swear…even this seemingly innocuous line is very telling @Fati_Future_BallonDor is this 1-on-1 translation?

Talking about second phrase “let’s hope it was just an accident”. Reeks of weak mind. He’s captain. What u talking about accidents for? Should sound something like “We won’t allow this to happen again”

Yes its a 1 on 1 translation by myself, he said in german 'Ich hoffe...' which means i hope, poor choice of words by MaTS :/

jairzinho

Look at how Madrid are built. Physical athletes who can run and work relentlessy. Not saying we should copy that wholesale but we really do lack players with that profile, especially in midfield.

serghei

Your logic wouldn't have been flawed if the team was actually playing well and that Araujo red card was just a freak occurrence.

Yes, for example in 2010 we were one volcano away + disallowed goal? from doing back to back CLs. But that team was the best around, no doubt.

Scraping by all season, while playing shit, was bound to get us demolished at some point in the season. Araujo red card is just an excuse for Xavi and his team being shit.

The team played very well and was 2 goals ahead in the tie. That's nonsense. Before Araujo got sent off like an idiot, Lewandowski had a big chance to make it 3 goals ahead aggregate and the tie would've been nearly over.

I am not delusional to compare this team with the one from 2010. Just pointing out that the team did come very close recently to making top 4 in the most difficult competition. That's obviously quite important for the current squad.

There's a balance between saying the squad is not great, and the squad is shit. If you call players that won a league title not long ago and performed well in CL shit, something is seriously wrong with your assessment scale.

serghei

Of course, if we compare these players with Real Madrid's squad and with City for example... they do not belong in the same tier. But nobody expects Flick's Barcelona to beat Madrid and City. If they will beat these teams it would be much like how Wolverhampton beat City last season. A good degree of luck has to be involved.

But the other teams in the league... no excuse really. Only team that gets close to us squad wise is Atletico, and they have a clear match-up problem vs Barcelona in a league scenario.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The team played very well and was 2 goals ahead in the tie. That's nonsense. Before Araujo got sent off like an idiot, Lewandowski had a big chance to make it 3 goals ahead aggregate and the tie would've been nearly over.

I am not delusional to compare this team with the one from 2010. Just pointing out that the team did come very close recently to making top 4 in the most difficult competition. That's obviously quite important for the current squad.

There's a balance between saying the squad is not great, and the squad is shit. If you call players that won a league title not long ago and performed well in CL shit, something is seriously wrong with your assessment scale.

Yep we need to think realistic

malvolio

Performed well in your dreams maybe. Stumbled to a league title somehow, mostly due to Stegen, defense and opposition not finishing chances. Performance in both CL campaigns was bad. Got played off the park by likes of Shaktar, a team playing on a neutral ground. Beat a Napoli in dissaray and got shafted by first important team we faced.

By the time CL restarted in February we were already out of all comps. Indicative of our playing level last season.

Yes, there are fine margins in CL, but our level of play didn't warrant being at the top. If you just want to lie to yourself as if getting past PSG would have meant anything other than statistics, be my guest. But guess what? We dominated them for 1 half in total, out of the 4 played. With Donnarumma gifting us 3 goals.

fergus90

With the injuries and general holes in the squad, I would be not be surprised if Barca finished behind Atletico too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With the injuries and general holes in the squad, I would be not be surprised if Barca finished behind Atletico too.

If Simeone can get Sørloth and Alvarez to work well together they do have a great potential IMO.

Neither are World Class players, but on paper I do believe they complement each other really well and if Atletico get some added defensive solidity within the end of the window they're at least in a position to be much better this season.

fergus90

If Simeone can get Sørloth and Alvarez to work well together they do have a great potential IMO.

Neither are World Class players, but on paper I do believe they complement each other really well and if Atletico get some added defensive solidity within the end of the window they're at least in a position to be much better this season.
Yup, Le Normand is a good signing at the back too. Meant to be in for Javi Guerra and rumours that they now want Kante who looked like he still had plenty in the tank at the Euros.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yup, Le Normand is a good signing at the back too. Meant to be in for Javi Guerra and rumours that they now want Kante who looked like he still had plenty in the tank at the Euros.

Kante would be a good signing for them if it happens.

Ending third for us would be a big failure for us though and Laporta and the club in general would be under massive pressure next summer.

jamrock

This could be the year, A.M wins there once every 6/7 years league title.

Mbappe may blow up the Madrid dressing room.

Flick ball might fail to flicker.

And who is there to pick up the scraps?Mister and Athletic Bilboa.

Home of Barca Fans