Has Player Quality Declined?

companyofcules

Gave you the reason.

You are still debating nonsense about intensity. Yes the intensity is better and the tactics but the players are not in terms of ball control. Football got more physical due to Africans, who are a superior race in terms of running. Asians are irelevant in football because their bodies are absolutely not built for running, small chaps with little legs.
That's all. The infusion of black players from 1990 was unprecedented and you can be very talented if Lukaku sholders you into the galaxy.

JohnN

Gave you the reason.

You are still debating nonsense about intensity. Yes the intensity is better and the tactics but the players are not in terms of ball control. Football got more physical due to Africans, who are a superior race in terms of running. Asians are irelevant in football because their bodies are absolutely not built for running, small chaps with little legs.
That's all. The infusion of black players from 1990 was unprecedented and you can be very talented if Lukaku sholders you into the galaxy.
I am not sure what or who you are responding to but I will address some things.
Black vs white vs any has no scientific evidence of any advantage or disadvantage in specific sports. If more black players get recognised nowadays its because more get the chance to do so.
Secondly, intensity is something few discussed. Skill and consistency which is the main factor of skill vs luck in my eyes, is the point in the discussion.
Skill is simply superior compared to the "good old days".
There is simply one thing someone has to do to determine this.
watch any number of games of any competition of ane season of some of the GOAT players of the 80s and 90s and then watch any modern game of any semi decent player.

companyofcules

Black vs white vs any has no scientific evidence of any advantage or disadvantage in specific sports. If more black players get recognised nowadays its because more get the chance to do so.
The most hilarious thing I ever heard. You are trained to be blind on purpose. I don't know if you are low iq but Asians are more developed and in greater numbers. Based on your approved take they should totally dominate football and the 100m dash. But they are not.
Because the few scientists that are not brainwashed will get absolutely slaugthtered by the media or even get arrested and what's the purpose of stating things already known?
The best the aproved scientists can offer is some bla-bla. It's quite common sense, see the Nilotic herdsmen or the West African ones, they have a huge population with short torso, long legs, built to run. That's why you don't have Pygmies in Barcelona or Olympics.

companyofcules

I am not sure what or who you are responding to but I will address some things.
Secondly, intensity is something few discussed. Skill and consistency which is the main factor of skill vs luck in my eyes, is the point in the discussion.
Skill is simply superior compared to the "good old days".
There is simply one thing someone has to do to determine this.
watch any number of games of any competition of ane season of some of the GOAT players of the 80s and 90s and then watch any modern game of any semi decent player.
Watched football in those days and the quality was superior, there is no question. Yes now they are more fit, more tactical, more running but they that's it.
I

JohnN

The most hilarious thing I ever heard. You are trained to be blind on purpose. I don't know if you are low iq but Asians are more developed and in greater numbers. Based on your approved take they should totally dominate football and the 100m dash. But they are not.
Because the few scientists that are not brainwashed will get absolutely slaugthtered by the media or even get arrested and what's the purpose of stating things already known?
The best the aproved scientists can offer is some bla-bla. It's quite common sense, see the Nilotic herdsmen or the West African ones, they have a huge population with short torso, long legs, built to run. That's why you don't have Pygmies in Barcelona or Olympics.
Asians are more developed === they should totally dominate football.
That's a non sequitur if I ever heard one.
Different nations with different traditions tend to have different (average) performance than others in specific games.
As for the next response you made, try watching a game of that era now and don't rely on your memory which is heavily biased by nostalgia. Except if you think this does not apply to you because you are special or something.

Gnidrologist

Guess there's no scientific evidence on why track & field running competitions are completely dominated by blacks. It's just pure cohencidence. Nothing whatsoever to do with physics.

Gnidrologist

Different nations with different traditions tend to have different (average) performance than others in specific games.
A magical fairy dust concept like "tradition" that has no concrete unpacking into scientific realm at all and is only used in soft sciences like history and sociology is the real thing, while genetics and physics has no basis in science. The key to understanding modern left. No wonder you can't differentiate between man and a woman anymore.
As for the next response you made, try watching a game of that era now and don't rely on your memory which is heavily biased by nostalgia. Except if you think this does not apply to you because you are special or something.
I've actually watched quite a few games from that era, have around 50+ torrents from 90s/2000s alone and yes, the football was more entertaining. I would never be rewatching any modern era games except from Messis Barca. Most recently had a go with the England - Portugal 2:3 epic from 2000. It would be almost unimaginable to see something on that level today. Just keep-ball drones, who pass the ball around the perimeter and barge into each other like rugby players.

khaled_a_d

It could be any game of that era if that's the issue.
About kids from the future watching back 2022 wc final and think is a fluke, we can't really know.
But we do know watching a 2012 El Classico will probably be better than anything "current".
There is an objective truth to how the game has evolved and mid 2000s with mid 2010s its a whole level above anything else no matter who or when he watches it.
Objectively, the game before the turn of the century is miles below what it is today. Players like Rivaldo, Karembe, Zidane and Ronaldo would be crucified for dropping dissasterclasses compared to today's norm.

That is subjective, not objective mate.
Until they make time machine, this is whole subjective topic

companyofcules

Tradition is used in history as a source, a poor one, not to describe the world. Sociology is like economics but more bad, a place where everyone has an opinion about the future or present based on history without a way to test it.
At least a historical theory can be tested with hard science, new evidence.

Religions are the only to use tradition to describe the world and leftism after the French revolution is indeed a cult. The western populations are mentally caged to negate even reality. And it's not all about leftism. The American Empire will implode in civil wars if the narrative is not cleansed, politics will be harder. So John is clearly a result of his upbringing in a western country, a comercial human educated to be a vital part of a puzzle, brainwashed to seek other explanations and to focus on them ignoring the bad science. As you said you don't need to be a genius, it's all over the place.

companyofcules

The most intense and tactically demanding team was Pep's Barcelona. That was at the end of the golden age. You will never see faster football than that and also players doing outstanding things with the ball. So it's not about tactics preventing players, it's the lack of quality. Or few quality players isolated among studs.

It's proven tall teams win more cups. Why would you struggle to find rare talents that have inferior genes in terms of athleticism when you can just put 5 black kids that are strong, fast and can learn some skills?
You are all bitching here the Barca way is stuck in the past.

Dumbele it's a total clown in terms of ball control and he was the best for France due to his edge in speed. He just needs to stop and run the other way. Nico is shit, but strong and fast. Camavinga is shit, but strong, fast and agile like hell. Rudiger is a shit defender in terms of precision, but dominant as hell. Bellingham some mediocre midfield that is very agile and dominant.
Look at France, no Platini, just strong Runners. England the same, Netherlands, Germany who was always known for physical players and the Nordics start to get more Africans.
It's more easy.

JohnN

Tradition is used in history as a source, a poor one, not to describe the world. Sociology is like economics but more bad, a place where everyone has an opinion about the future or present based on history without a way to test it.
At least a historical theory can be tested with hard science, new evidence.

Religions are the only to use tradition to describe the world and leftism after the French revolution is indeed a cult. The western populations are mentally caged to negate even reality. And it's not all about leftism. The American Empire will implode in civil wars if the narrative is not cleansed, politics will be harder. So John is clearly a result of his upbringing in a western country, a comercial human educated to be a vital part of a puzzle, brainwashed to seek other explanations and to focus on them ignoring the bad science. As you said you don't need to be a genius, it's all over the place.
Thank you for your expert virtual psychoanalysis.
Now focus in simple things like the fact that Spaniards have a football tradition that focuses on technical superiority, that is the way they learn the game since childhood. Same as Argentinians. Germans focus on athleticism and directness. They prefer this way because it suits their physical attributes and mindset better.
Some nations don't really have an identity in that sense. Perhaps the Asians or the Americans would be great example of this.
By the way, why do Americans suck at football? is it also they don't have plenty of blacks oe whatever? Remember they are all immigrants from all over Europe there. they should dominate the game.
Please stop trying to psychoanalysis strangers based on a point they make about football. As you can see I still haven't thrown you any personal insults to prove any point.
If you disagree just stay on point and claim your case. Go see some games.

Windhook

Very simple answer - football has become systematic and too much reliant on endurance and physique. Technical players like Zidane or Ronaldinho in today's game would be some nostalgia showboats to no effect.

Home of Barca Fans