Hector Bellerin

MessiIsGOAT

Interview with the Telegraph

Asked whether Bellerin harbours ambitions to still play for Barcelona, just as Fabregas did, the 20-year-old said: “I think that’s a wrong thought because if I wanted to be at Barcelona I would have stayed there.

“My challenge was to come to England and I came here with everything. I came here to stay and to cement my place in the first team, and be here for four more years.

“If I wanted to have played for Barcelona in the future, I would have just stayed there and made my way there. I made that decision when I was young to come over here and I’m not thinking about my future, I’m just thinking about playing for Arsenal and doing well.

“Barcelona tried to keep me. I was about to sign an agreement, we were in talks, when Arsenal told me they were interested in me. We spoke about everything and I told the people at Barcelona I didn't want to sign a contract, and I wanted to come over here.

“If I stayed there, I don’t know what I would have been. Some of my old team-mates play in the second division and they will probably get relegated. So being here, and playing in the Premier League and Champions League, I’m really happy I made that step.”

Jenks

I don't know why Barca would even want Ramsey in the first place. He only excels in his goal threat, and that AM type role is not really one that Barca are likely to use.

EdmondDantes

That Ramsey rumour was debunked last week. We want nothing to do with him and rightly so. Decent player but Arsenal are his level. Bellerin's pace and Alves' inevitable departure within the next two years - if he renews his contract of course - make him someone to look into. He had a good season after earning a starting spot, I'm hoping to see him progress next year. Technically and tactically he has a lot of room for improvement.

Drexl

Stop buying trash from Arse-anal! Except van Bronckhorst it was always trash. Henry and Overmars were done and so injury-prone, not to mention the rest.

J

Jamie Cal

I don't know why Barca would even want Ramsey in the first place. He only excels in his goal threat, and that AM type role is not really one that Barca are likely to use.

Even though it was total crap, agreed, he's way too slow on the ball. An alright player but not for us.

and yeah -- don't compare Bellerin to some of the crap we've got from Arsenal. He's one of our own and it shows.

Co0ter

Henry was Barcas top scorer.

Both Eto'o and Messi scored more goals the treble season. Henry was very average his first season and disappeared his third season. I owe him for turning up in 08/09 but let's not get carried away

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Both Eto'o and Messi scored more goals the treble season I believe. Henry was very average his first season and disappeared his third season. I owe him for turning up in 08/09 but let's not get carried away

Henry was topscorer in all competitions for us in 07/08 with 19 goals.

Co0ter

Henry was topscorer in all competitions for us in 07/08 with 19 goals.

He scored three more goals than Eto and played 20 or more games. The team was not good that season, and despite scoring the most goals, he was very average.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He scored three more goals than Eto and played 20 or more games. The team was not good that season, and despite scoring the most goals, he was very average.

Yes I know that, but I was just pointing out that he was, technically, not wrong.

Home of Barca Fans