Ibrahim Afellay

Co0ter

I'm pretty sure that if he doesn't cement himself as a viable option to back up MVPA then we will see Cuenca, Kiko and Deulofeu get minutes ahead of him.

He's got this season to impress otherwise he could be off next summer. Hopefully he doesn't become a Hleb!

I think he's done more than enough so far to cement his position as a viable option to back up MVPA. The guy came to the best team in the world OUT OF NOWHERE- new language, new teamates and totally new philsophy....during the heart of the season too, winter break. His first couple of performances were really good, although he seemed very nervous...which is 100 percent understandable.

He knew coming to Barca he wasn't going to be a starter and maybe he will never be. But his performances last season were all pretty good, whether it was on the wing or in the midfield, where he thread a few needles beautifully. He was given the role of supersub at the end of games, and he did just that. He owned Marcelo and fed Messi that goal vs Real Madrid. HUGE.

I think the kid is a world-class option, he'd start at almost every other team in the world. How we got him for 3mil...it was just great business- same with Cesc and Alexis. During the preseason he looked FANTASTIC- basically the Afellay of last year but more adapted to his teamates and no longer nervous. He was our best player along with Thiago until he got hurt. I'd take him over Bojan or Jeffren any day. And you better believe we wont find anyone better for 3mil...and if we sell him for profit then buy someone else it's just fucked up.

Afellay and Sanchez are the two fastest players on our team. Late in a game when the oppositions defense is tired...who else would you rather have taking them on?

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Who gave that assist to Messi against rm again? Oh, right. We need Afellay, and thankfully he's staying. Only Alexis as backup would be nuts. The b players aren't ready for big games yet.

Barcafan 2304

That is what makes this summer such a success. With the signings and rise of a few La Masia products, our depth is more considerable than last year.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Regardless of that, we have to be grateful to our bench, Afellay helped us against the scum last season and Adriano in the Supercopa... If this guy can impress Pep during training sessions he'll get his chances, other than that he's off next summer...

Barcafan 2304

If he cannot make an immediate impression, perhaps a loan for a season might be the way to go. Hate to see us cut ties with him because he has a bright future.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
We'll be very thin up front without him. We bought Alexis cause we needed more depth, kinda defeats the purpose if we go ahead and sell three forwards (already having sold Jeffren and Bojan)

Home of Barca Fans