Ibrahim Afellay

JustAnotherCulé

You guys are pretty harsh. Yes, he made mistakes and was unimpressive last night but it was only his 2nd substitute appearance after being out since the end of July. Puyol was noticeably rusty too when he came on against Milan, should we sell him as well?

There seems to be a bit of snobbishness and a willingness to write Afellay off because he's not from the cantera, which is unfair. If he's still playing like last night, come January, or the summer and he's holding back a place in the 1st team from one of the B-boys, then, fair enough. But as for now, I think he deserves a bit more time. Like others, I don't think he'll ever be a regular starter, but that's OK, every team needs squad players and we are no exception.

(By the way, the above rambling was my 1st post here, so... *waves* ;))

tiki-taka

honestly he played yesterday in the match of osasuna quite poor but as justanothercule pointed out he just came back from an injury and clearly he needs more time, I think Pep should let him play a full 90 minutes couple of time in one of the la liga match then we'll find out whether he really fits in the barca system or not.

xsever

I prefer not to risk him with full 90-minutes La Liga games. Give him his chance in the Cup games. Let him start and do his thing.

La Liga is not be risked like that. Heh Pep did not even risk it with Bojan neither!

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Doesn't look like he will get chances if he keeps giving the ball away... Pep has a little soft spot for him so that could help him a little, but he needs to start making the best out of the minutes he gets once he is fully fit...

Richard.H

I really like the guy, he seems to be really humble. I hope he doesn't mind staying on the bench and being third (or maybe even fourth) string to Pedro, Sanchez, and Villa. He's not as bad as people make it seem as he is in here. He has a very unpredictable dribbling style which is great for our team and brings a different game style than the other players.

However, I do think he would thrive more in other, more direct clubs such as Arsenal.

B

barcelonista

Yes, he seems like a nice guy. Shy and humble. A bit too shy maybe. It reflects on the pitch. He's scared to do something wrong. There was a scene last year at the end of the season when he poorly gave the ball away and was totally shocked and folded his hands over his head. Mind you that it was in one of the last league games where we had already won the league title (I think Malaga?). He was like "Pep will surely never ever let me play again". :lol: Describes him well I think.

kaisers0ze

Well 2 bad matches in a row.. good i didnt watch then.

Maybe the squad changes and/or the injury had a negative psychological effect on him.
He should enjoy the game and take the risc again.. exactly like he did for the Holland games.. above video is a good example.

LaMessiah

You guys are pretty harsh. Yes, he made mistakes and was unimpressive last night but it was only his 2nd substitute appearance after being out since the end of July. Puyol was noticeably rusty too when he came on against Milan, should we sell him as well?

There seems to be a bit of snobbishness and a willingness to write Afellay off because he's not from the cantera, which is unfair. If he's still playing like last night, come January, or the summer and he's holding back a place in the 1st team from one of the B-boys, then, fair enough. But as for now, I think he deserves a bit more time. Like others, I don't think he'll ever be a regular starter, but that's OK, every team needs squad players and we are no exception.

(By the way, the above rambling was my 1st post here, so... *waves* ;))
+1
nice first post!

E

estranged

Thank god Pep has more faith than many here, otherwise we would end like Madrid.

Home of Barca Fans