Ibrahim Afellay

kaisers0ze

He seems to be a player for a team that uses counter-attacks as their main weapon. At LW/RW he can't show everything he's capable but it's hard that he'll get a lot of chances in the midfield. I think he'd show more in a different team, hope Ibi proves me wrong!

You got a big point.

iced1776

Thought Iniesta should have worked harder to get on the end of his brilliant cross across the goal, and although he lost a few take-ons his direct approach accounted for a few good looks at goal. Still wanna see him in Iniesta's midfield position more though.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Adriano had a tremendous game and it's mainly down to Afellay pinning their RB at the touchline, nuf said

And people who like to see posterboys in the team keep underrating these solid squad players... keeps on hating suckers

iookram

Decent performance given the small amount of minutes that he's been given.

Good to see that Afellay isn't afraid to shoot when given the space to.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's playing very well. I love how quickly he's assimilated into the group.

he's proving very useful in this run-in. I mean it's obvious he's taken Jeffren's place in the squad, and while that is sad, Jeffren has fitness problems and it's an area we needed depth in.

xsever

Glad that Pep played Afellay on the left where he is more comfortable and more dangerous. He is improving with time and his last international games really helped him!

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I think he is not good enough for Barca. I would try and sell him in the summer.

*He is one-dimensional for my money.
:lol: One-dimensional is only a weak thing if you suck at that one-dimensional ability.
Robben is the also one-dimensional look how awesome he is.

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
:lol: One-dimensional is only a weak thing if you suck at that one-dimensional ability.
Robben is the also one-dimensional look how awesome he is.

THIS. Robben always does the same but it succeeds every single time :D

And Afellay does not have a "primary position". It's either LW, CAM or CM.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Still too early to judge but so far nothing impressing from Ibi. I don't see him becoming a regular starter in the future either.
He's a cheap squad player so it's alright I guess.

gingerless

you need more youtube highlight reels then.

oh look! here's one...

i know that it's youtube, but this kid is for serious. he don't mess around.

Home of Barca Fans