Iker Casillas

impeh

Hi, its me..
said on revista that he really was upset and would happily leave, apparently has 4 offers :whistle2:

Yugi

if he came this summer it would be a bit of trouble tbh, but he could come in january...valdes for liga, pinto for copa and iker for CL :pep:

coco1247

Banned
I wouldn't be so quick to say he's going to leave. It will all come down to who plays against Granada.
Fact is that Iker needs to be given a chance, a proper one. So far it's been all Diego so I expect Carlo to do the right thing and play with Iker against Granada. We'll see from there...

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I don't think it's unrealistic to see Ancelotti 'give him a chance' just to sit the transfer window out, and then happily go back to Lopez. Might be Perez etc managing it all, you never know...

coco1247

Banned
I don't think that's how it works. Iker won't stay if he he's not going to be given a fair chance. There's too much respect for him to lie to him just to make him stay. Well, at least I hope so. However if that's how we treat our legends, then I'll be very disappointed.

El Gato

Villarato!
It'll come to down to if Iker plays against Granada? Carlo to do the right thing? What is that supposed to mean? He's doing what's best for the team now, playing a better keeper. Iker can't take that heat of competition? Get out of the kitchen son.

Even if the rumors are true, which they're not, and it's hilarious how they appeared in a matter of a day or two, Diego is not going to play forever and if despite that Iker is upset then fuck his mood swings.

mixer

Why is everyone claiming that Lopez was awesome last season and is in better form that Casillas generally? He even conceded more goals than Valdes, as far as I know.

ShandyFFM

Because he was. Just imagine you have Casillas and then you buy a not so well known older keeper because your worldclass keeper got injured. And then you notice you worldclass keeper might have had his best time already when you realize the other keeper is better than him because he didnt had any competition over the years.

Now ! Just imagine what could happen here at Barca when we would buy a young Keeper whith some class. I bet all my money Victor Valdes wouldn have played a single La Liga match in recent years.

coco1247

Banned
Competition is when you get a chance to prove yourself.
Did Iker get that last season after his injury? No.
Did he get it this preseason? Only a bit due to ConCup.
Did he get it at the start of the season? Not yet.
So yeah, the right thing is to give both a chance. I'd be singing a different tune if Iker sucked in preseason and ConCup. But he was just as good as Diego. Remember the Chelsea match? Does it ring a bell? I hope it does, because you're basically saying we should just bench our captain and #1 GK because he got fucking injured and didn't get a chance to prove himself. How is that fair?

Home of Barca Fans