Iker Casillas

Beast

The Observer
You've been waiting 2 years for that Wolfy....

somethings never change eh ? of course if this was Arbeloa or Diego Lopez you would come with all the excuses in the world :D

Alik

Not all his fault. Defence was pathetic. And his big blunder happened when there was no coming back anyway.

El Gato

Villarato!
You've been waiting 2 years for that Wolfy....

somethings never change eh ? of course if this was Arbeloa or Diego Lopez you would come with all the excuses in the world :D

Meh. I'm not happy about Iker's confirmed decline. More to do with him being exposed to the world in the worst moment for him.

And the other two names seem to be your go-to excuse to defend him lately too :p

I'm not gonna say anything more. He may bounce back in the remaining two for what I know. But there is one thing that can't be denied - before 2010 goals like these, foolish mistakes like the ones he committed in the CL Final, these things wouldn't have happened. He's not the same.

His prime is gone and I don't think even you would deny that Gio ;)

Chainsaw

Killahead
Casillas always had his blunders even at his prime. It was just never this blatant and in one particular match.

Beast

The Observer
Meh. I'm not happy about Iker's confirmed decline. More to do with him being exposed to the world in the worst moment for him.

And the other two names seem to be your go-to excuse to defend him lately too :p

I'm not gonna say anything more. He may bounce back in the remaining two for what I know. But there is one thing that can't be denied - before 2010 goals like these, foolish mistakes like the ones he committed in the CL Final, these things wouldn't have happened. He's not the same.

His prime is gone and I don't think even you would deny that Gio ;)

He did everything 3 CL , WC , 2 Euro , 5 ligas , even youth WC .. for a 33 year old short keeper he is allowed for his mistakes to appear at this stage
however he is still one of the best there is ... I don't blame him for the first goal for example because in one on one you must come out.. Robin was superb & creative .. i think like everyone else expected Robin would have finished by his leg not make a superman fly & head the ball not towards a corner but a lovely chip header.. kudos to him
than came the Valdes on Di Maria /Benzema blunder.. inexcusable .. the Freekick was a foul on him overall he had as much as a bad game as the rest of Spain tonight..
however analyzing a one off game aside... would i have Iker or Diego in such a game or WC i would take Iker blindly ..he is not in his prime of course but he is still one of the best and before you mention a blunder look at his performance in the entire Champions league , Copa Del Rey .. for a keeper who play few games for a year & half he is still a top keeper

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah that's what I meant. He won everything there is to win. Last two years he's been getting so poor and not-authoritative, distracted by personal stuff, injuries and poor form.. I don't blame him for losing concentration at all. But if you're a Spain national that still wants to win tournaments you need to consider what's better long term now that the team style needs to evolve from Barca-based possession footie with Xavi, Xabi, Iniesta and Iker being the bases of the team. Ramos and Pique just showed you what you can expect from them on the national stage. Same thing last year in Confed. Cup.. even in a trivial game vs Portugal..

To make it clear, I don't blame Iker for the defeat. First goal wasn't his fault entirely. Then Ramos and Pique got toyed by Robben. Then the blunder, which is just his pure fuckup. Then an uncalled foul. Then to finish off the misery he was embarrassed by Robben, even if he couldn't do much. He's not to blame for the loss, but we're missing the point.

The man is playing a lot less football and isn't viewed with so much trust anymore. He's not the unquestioned god of goalkeeping. How can you not pass on the baton to De Gea after a performance like that? Only in a NT like Spain would probably not do that, because of their cliquey squad culture and solidarity. Besides you've always known my gripe with that national team issue ;)

Home of Barca Fans