Iker Casillas

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't think I've ever seen a GK fall as hard as Casillas has in recent times. Being benched as captain, making a horrid error in a CL final, and now becoming an ultimate laughingstock to knock Spain out of the WC.

Of course we can't forget how much of a success he's been during his career but currently, his plummet is just depressing

Ursegor

World Champion
That punching it back into play centrally is a trademark of his tbh. He just never got punished for it until now.

Hasn't dominated aerially (Netherlands 3th goal, although probably a foul, but nevertheless didn't look good there).

Has always been shat with his feet as well (Netherlands 4th goal).

Basically highlighting all his weaknesses at once. Probably karma so he doesn't get rated too highly in history books after some lucky saves in 2010. :coffee:

:mou: knew.

Devils

He's finished. Worst player of the world cup.

If he knows what's good for Spain he will forfeit his captains armband and the #1 shirt.

He won't be remembered for this though. His successes will be his legacy, and he has so much of that.

onzeXI

Despite the sympathy expressed for Iker the last 2 years, it looks like Mourinho was right.

scared-child.jpg

Beast

The Observer
Despite the sympathy expressed for Iker the last 2 years, it looks like Mourinho was right.

scared-child.jpg

Was he ? Iker won the two competitions with Real he played in , Diego Lopez lost all competitions he played in (Liga last year , copa last year , CL last year , Liga this year )
In fact despite Atletico Madrid heroics they couldn't score in him except once in 3 games all ended in a win... compared to 3 goals conceded with a draw & a loss for Diego Lopez
Vs Barcelona Diego Lopez achieved a win last year in la liga & copa... granted that but also lost the two games vs Barcelona in the league conceding 4 goals at home & 2 goals away a total of 6 versus Iker's 1 goal in the Copa final

Was Mourinho right ? I beg to differ

Don't mix Spain with Real .. Spain isn't Real & the pillars of Spain is different than Real's completely

That said this was & should be his last game for La Roja ... it's a sad end for once in a lifetime generation .. maybe they took it far already .. i didn't want the Iker , Xabi , Xavi etc to end their international career in this fashion after achieving gold in the last 6 years

BerkeleyBernie

Eduardo Alves on twitter said that the intensity of the Spain side in their training was high, they looked too eager for the next game to redeem themselves. He said that Iker's position between the posts is firm, however Del Bosque is considering changes, Xavi and Silva might be dropped.

To be, he should include Juanfran although he is a hot head and loves a red card, but Azpilicueta is shit and I always hated him. Drop Silva from the team because Silva is not a player capable of holding onto possession at the top, something Spain heavily relied on with Pedro and Villa to keep the ball as far away as possible from the defense. They played the ball to Costa as if he was a target man, he isn't, that is why he failed, and they treat Llorente the same way. Both players enjoy the ball at their feet, and just because Lloretne can pop in with a header, doesn't mean he is a poacher. So for me, perhaps play Pedro and Costa up front for now, drop Silva. Include Javi Martinez who is in good form for Xabi Alonso or Xavi. All they need is Iniesta to lead the line anyway, he is magic.

I also read from Eduardo Alves that Koke is running on fumes due to his long season but if he gets up to speed, I'd include him and Javi Martinez for Xavi and Xabi.

Iker
Juanfran Ramos Pique Alba
Busi
Xabi Javi Martinez
Iniesta
Pedro Costa

You called it- Silva unable to hold possession at the top, Azpilicueta poor under pressure at the back. Should have been:

Iker
Juanfran Ramos Martinez Alba
Busi
Xavi Koke
Iniesta
Pedro Costa​

Chainsaw

Killahead
No matter what the topic is, there is always a party pooper comes up with: ...."Mourinho was right". :facepalm: God I hate that phrase!

L

linetty

After winning 4-0 vs Bayern Munich, Casillas received 13 shots and conceded 8 goals for Real Madrid and Spain.

F

Flavia

That said this was & should be his last game for La Roja ... it's a sad end for once in a lifetime generation .. maybe they took it far already .. i didn't want the Iker , Xabi , Xavi etc to end their international career in this fashion after achieving gold in the last 6 years

Yeah. In hindsight they all should had retired from the nt after the euro 2012. That's when the renewal should had started... Or at least after the confeds final against brasil. Stubborness from vdb and the players played a part in this fiasco.

Beast

The Observer
Del Bosque is not actually stubborn but loyal.... that was his downfall... those players gave him a back to back international trophies a world cup & Euro.... last year confed cup was a warning sign as you said it should have been the end but qualifying with ease .. I don't think anyone saw the end coming like that.. I mean I didn't see them going far but a QF crash not group stage without a win till now

Home of Barca Fans