Iker Casillas

F

Flavia

Del Bosque is not actually stubborn but loyal.... that was his downfall... those players gave him a back to back international trophies a world cup & Euro.... last year confed cup was a warning sign as you said it should have been the end but qualifying with ease .. I don't think anyone saw the end coming like that.. I mean I didn't see them going far but a QF crash not group stage without a win till now

I think there a point when being loyal becomes stubborness. It was up to him to make the players understand it'd be best to go out when up, not like this. Selecting Fernando Torres, done for 4 years, and playing him 2x when you need goals isn't being loyal. As he is a great coach, I go with stubborness.

Pepe Silvia

Whether or not dB initially saw it coming, he had one game to make HUGE adjustments and he failed to take drastic measures. Everyone saw that Xavi, Pique were bad, but he failed to replace others like Iker and Xabi. It shouldn't have been a loyalty thing but a 'do we want to progress or go home' thing. Instead of being proactive, he was reactive on his heels and Chile sunk his ship. People who don't follow football like in USA must be thinking wow Spain are shit but fans of football like in this forum know that there was a whole other system and starting XI with the quality to take it all the way on the bench that just didn't get the chance to play. Such a shame.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Whether or not dB initially saw it coming, he had one game to make HUGE adjustments and he failed to take drastic measures. Everyone saw that Xavi, Pique were bad, but he failed to replace others like Iker and Xabi. It shouldn't have been a loyalty thing but a 'do we want to progress or go home' thing. Instead of being proactive, he was reactive on his heels and Chile sunk his ship. People who don't follow football like in USA must be thinking wow Spain are shit but fans of football like in this forum know that there was a whole other system and starting XI with the quality to take it all the way on the bench that just didn't get the chance to play. Such a shame.

De Gea was injured, no?

He couldn't change the system in the world cup, should've prepared the day they suffered the 3-0 defeat to Brazil. Hind sight is 20/20. VDB suffered criticism from day 1, won the WC. Suffered more criticism, won the Euro. Suffered more criticism, reached the final of the Confeds cup, lost and went stubborn.

alas, Italy and France both crashed after their WC win in group stages as well. It happens. Especially with Iker having little playing time, the barca players had their first completely disastrous season this year after winning it all for so long, atletico players all tired and injured...

Beast

The Observer
Which successful coach isn't stubborn ? Pep ? Capello ? Mourinho ? Van Gaal ? Simeone ? Ancelotti ?
being stubborn is part of being a successful coach ...however in VDB case it's more loyalty which blinded his selection & it turned to a movie scene where the heroes either surrender to the outnumbered troops but instead chose to die holding their guns fighting against the odds & losing..
He is not tactically naive but he takes a big part of the blame for not seeing the clear signs and not having enough fresh ideas on the bench...
you look at the line up and from the club season those who had a great year were the Atletico bunch , the Real Madrid bunch, De Gea and Llorente.. how many are they ? Juanfran , Koke, Costa , Villa (lost it ) , Iker , Ramos , Xabi , De Gea
De Gea got injured after the first game & was out...
Costa couldn't fit his ideas & with 1 or 2 games under his belt with Xavi-Iniesta the choice of starting him was wrong..Negredo although off form lately he has more game time under his belt with the core than Costa same apply to Llorente both were left home for the worst two strikers (form wise ) Villa & Torres... that's mistake no 1 *a big one too * .. you play Costa than you have to try him several games & adjust your selection.. he did none of it & the last game was more a chance of to get the best of too.. some direct with some old guards.. put it in the mix...
you don't need the Xavi & co.. you needed the Koke , Thiago ... did i say choosing a Brazilian deserter in a World cup in Brazil is a bad bad idea? the man was booed all night in every game

mistake two that he didn't read the signs.. most people didn't.. i mean you look at the forum for example & you still see people who think Xavi should be part of the your next year lineup with little game time until recent Spanish falling people still though this just a glitch and things will be better ... Xavi dictate the game system (like Pirlo) he is not an impact player.. you either build the game around him or go with Isco , Thiago , Martinez, Koke ..he is too old to do that and throughout a year from the confederation cup the system continued to be the exact same thing.. more importantly a player like Costa doesn't fit Xavi game plan nor he knows how to play

mistake 3 IMO was the inclusion of Cazorla , Mata , Silva , Cesc ,Villa , Torres.. none of them had a good season by their own standards.. while other better players were left at the back .. i mean say what you want about Isco but the fact remains that Isco is the Real Madrid players with most games (yes more than Ramos , Ronaldo , Benzema or all the rest ) he has hunger , he had a great end of season too .. Thiago i understand the injury issues but how about Gabi ? he had a stellar season & IMO one of the most underrated in Atletico squad.. , Raul Garcia ? above all how about Negredo & Llorente both much better than Villa /Torres now .. even Cesc fits Costa style than Xavi..

many things can be said & analyzed ..however i'll leave it for now .. they deserve a warrior rest

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Which successful coach isn't stubborn ? Pep ? Capello ? Mourinho ? Van Gaal ? Simeone ? Ancelotti ?
being stubborn is part of being a successful coach ...however in VDB case it's more loyalty which blinded his selection & it turned to a movie scene where the heroes either surrender to the outnumbered troops but instead chose to die holding their guns fighting against the odds & losing..
He is not tactically naive but he takes a big part of the blame for not seeing the clear signs and not having enough fresh ideas on the bench...
you look at the line up and from the club season those who had a great year were the Atletico bunch , the Real Madrid bunch, De Gea and Llorente.. how many are they ? Juanfran , Koke, Costa , Villa (lost it ) , Iker , Ramos , Xabi , De Gea
De Gea got injured after the first game & was out...
Costa couldn't fit his ideas & with 1 or 2 games under his belt with Xavi-Iniesta the choice of starting him was wrong..Negredo although off form lately he has more game time under his belt with the core than Costa same apply to Llorente both were left home for the worst two strikers (form wise ) Villa & Torres... that's mistake no 1 *a big one too * .. you play Costa than you have to try him several games & adjust your selection.. he did none of it & the last game was more a chance of to get the best of too.. some direct with some old guards.. put it in the mix...
you don't need the Xavi & co.. you needed the Koke , Thiago ... did i say choosing a Brazilian deserter in a World cup in Brazil is a bad bad idea? the man was booed all night in every game

mistake two that he didn't read the signs.. most people didn't.. i mean you look at the forum for example & you still see people who think Xavi should be part of the your next year lineup with little game time until recent Spanish falling people still though this just a glitch and things will be better ... Xavi dictate the game system (like Pirlo) he is not an impact player.. you either build the game around him or go with Isco , Thiago , Martinez, Koke ..he is too old to do that and throughout a year from the confederation cup the system continued to be the exact same thing.. more importantly a player like Costa doesn't fit Xavi game plan nor he knows how to play

mistake 3 IMO was the inclusion of Cazorla , Mata , Silva , Cesc ,Villa , Torres.. none of them had a good season by their own standards.. while other better players were left at the back .. i mean say what you want about Isco but the fact remains that Isco is the Real Madrid players with most games (yes more than Ramos , Ronaldo , Benzema or all the rest ) he has hunger , he had a great end of season too .. Thiago i understand the injury issues but how about Gabi ? he had a stellar season & IMO one of the most underrated in Atletico squad.. , Raul Garcia ? above all how about Negredo & Llorente both much better than Villa /Torres now .. even Cesc fits Costa style than Xavi..

many things can be said & analyzed ..however i'll leave it for now .. they deserve a warrior rest

I cried.

onzeXI

No matter what the topic is, there is always a party pooper comes up with: ...."Mourinho was right". :facepalm: God I hate that phrase!

I hate to be repetitive, but....

scared-child.jpg

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
BrjfxkdCAAAEQAg.jpg

"you have to be a son of a bitch to put that comment" :lol:

Iker Casillas exploded last night. Insulted some random guy at instagram.

Neymessi

Casillas is a moron imo.He used to have my respect once but after the classico when he said he wanted to slap busquets,he lost all respect.

Home of Barca Fans