Ilaix Moriba

FinBarcelonafan

Gerard Romero claims, Ilaix called the club and express his desire to return.

My man if you had listened to what everyone had been saying to you, this wouldn't have been an issue.

Common theme, players leaving to City(Garcia), coming back, leaving to PSG(Simmons), coming back, leaving to Leipzig(Moriba) coming back.. hmm. We ain't that bad! Maybe life is too easy here haha.

But I have to say, he made terrible choice. He wanted money yet he had great opportunity here.. I always thought this was dumb move. It's not like Barcelona don't pay well if you do well.

ajnotkeith

Scumbag racist Catalan media shows its face again with another bullshit story from Romero.

Like 99 percent of Romero's stories, this probably never happened.

Things are just going wrong in Catalonia at the moment and people are looking for vulnerable targets to pick on to feel better about themselves, like Ilaix because he's going through a tough time in his new club.

Porque

Worth pointing out that RB are having a bit of a turmoil themselves this season.

Change of manager, out of CL and out of the top Bundesliga places.

May be true hes seeking a loan in winter as it seems hes out of favour, but it usually takes atleast half of a season for a young player to adapt to a new club.

Lets see how he does after the winter break.

Messi983

Scumbag racist Catalan media shows its face again with another bullshit story from Romero.

Like 99 percent of Romero's stories, this probably never happened.

Things are just going wrong in Catalonia at the moment and people are looking for vulnerable targets to pick on to feel better about themselves, like Ilaix because he's going through a tough time in his new club.

What's racist here? Just another rumour about a former player returning like with Bartra and Alexis.

Twitch merchant has been quite reliable lately tbh. Wouldn't surprise me if Ilaix truly wants to return but doesn't mean Barca wants him back or RBL would really give up on him permanently after just 6 months. More likely he'll go on loan.

I wouldn't really mind him returning though. Another midfielder gives us more options for rotation and the most important (at least in theory lol) I could hope Busi won't start every game anymore which is really all I care about.

ajnotkeith

What's racist here? Just another rumour about a former player returning like with Bartra and Alexis.

Twitch merchant has been quite reliable lately tbh. Wouldn't surprise me if Ilaix truly wants to return but doesn't mean Barca wants him back or RBL would really give up on him permanently after just 6 months. More likely he'll go on loan.

I wouldn't really mind him returning though. Another midfielder gives us more options for rotation and the most important (at least in theory lol) I could hope Busi won't start every game anymore which is really all I care about.

Well, as I'm sure we know, the situation of Moriba's transfer was a bit more... complicated.

Including Barca fans flooding his inbox with racist abuse, calling him every racist name under the sun, and generally everyone calling him Moneyba and saying they hope his career fails and burns (many of whom can be found in this thread). Which didn't really make sense, you're entitled to leave a club if you want, it's not a lifetime contract.

Now Gerard 'Torres, Cavani, Haaland, Adeyemi, Sterling will all be at Barca next season' Romero is the only one to report this news. Go look at all the comments on this rumour, it's full of people giving him shit.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Shown trust/confidence by the club and he left over money. He has the money and now seeks trust/confidence of club

Bonkers. Good riddance

khaled_a_d

Well, as I'm sure we know, the situation of Moriba's transfer was a bit more... complicated.

Including Barca fans flooding his inbox with racist abuse, calling him every racist name under the sun, and generally everyone calling him Moneyba and saying they hope his career fails and burns (many of whom can be found in this thread). Which didn't really make sense, you're entitled to leave a club if you want, it's not a lifetime contract.

Barca fans aren't media, and many of those aren't Catalan.
I don't like Catalan media tbh, and there is a lot of bias toward their Catalan players and maybe hatred at times toward "outsiders" but racist is a bit too extreme of a description.

Now Gerard 'Torres, Cavani, Haaland, Adeyemi, Sterling will all be at Barca next season' Romero is the only one to report this news. Go look at all the comments on this rumour, it's full of people giving him shit.

We were indeed trying to sign Adeyami and Torres though, so he wasn't wrong. In fact was the 1st to report that.
I think it is clear he has sources inside the club now, but I think having to go on twitch and take for long about Barca he will make some shit up too.
I doubt he has any sources regarding Moriba tbh, and it is a closed case for the club.
Kid is gone and has 5 years in contract, still fairly young to write him off. And for us we have Nico,Gavi & Pedri doing well as young teenage midfielders.

We got our money, him succeeding or failing doesn't affect us

Messi983

It's fine if you dislike Romero. I was also never his biggest fan but think he has become more reliable lately. Calling him a racist without any evidence is wrong though. Unless you think he would intentionally report about Ilaix's wish to retun only to get more hateful comments towards Moriba again it's not his or other "racist Catalan media" fault that uneducated/uncultivated Barca "fans" on social media were going hard for Ilaix after his unpopular decision to leave. They were cleary way overboard with racist remarks but that's a responsibility of every single person sending him those shit messages/mails. We can't blame Catalan media for that.

I'm also sure Romero can handle "people giving him shit". It's part of his job, he knows not everyone will agree with him. That doesn't mean he was wrong about Ilaix wanting to come back or at least that he has some sources (that he trusts) telling him that.

Personally I was disappointed when Ilaix left because I believed he could become a very good player for the club while also thought it was the wrong move for him (and looks like it so far but he's still young and can turn things around).He was probably also ill-advised by his agents who were only looking for money. But in the end it's his career anyway and he can do whatever he wants. I still wish him the best like I do to every player leaving Barca (regardless of what I've thought about them before) unless they would sign for Madrid in future. That's the only sin I can't excuse. But if players believe the grass is greener on the other side then most of them will eventually be proven wrong.

For me every player that is unhappy at Barca should leave regardless of his name and status but I've never hold that against those players (mostly because we usually have exactly the opposite problem of players we want to offload not wanting to go :lol: ). That's why I also wanted Messi to leave in 2020 when he clearly didn't want to stay.

Home of Barca Fans