İlkay Gündoğan

Gnidrologist

@serghei, you're too young to have senile dementia yet. The flip-flopping around xavi/players, whenever it suits your agenda is really something i'd hear from grandmas or little children. Could at least admit that Xavi is weak coach, who cannot get together talented, but lackluster squad of misfits, at least for now. Games like these are entirely on him as he shows he cannot cope, when there's not enough heroballers to bail him out. He went from schoolyard hoofball 90s PL style in the first half to another static, impotent sideways ball in the second with 16year old being his best asset, when Mallorca slowed down. That's just his "style" and has been this all time.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
he's being deployed too far into the final third, almost a second striker behind the CF at times. He should be in the midfield receiving the ball with space in-front of him

Reactions: BJJ

Neeraj

He's a quality player. One of the best players in a treble team doesn't suddenly turn shit. He is a system player though - we saw in the games where we were playing well (other players with one touch passing, good movement and first touches) he was really good with neat 1-2's and fine passing. In that clusterfuck of the attacking third that we played yesterday, he's not going to be as useful.

Having said that, he did have a poor game, the above notwithstanding. He needs to do more even in games where we suck. But I think he's a good addition to our squad and now with FdJ out, he's going to become more important.

JamDav1982

Looks the same as Pedri does when Xavi puts him up as a second striker to hold position... doesnt suit him and needs more freedom than that.

BusiTheKing

It's a hopelessly desolate position that second striker one. Too easy for the opponent to isolate and shut down. If we want our midfielders to create danger, they'd be better off dropping a bit and launching runs from deep. At least that's unpredictable.

Porque

Pep has also had poor first parts of the seasons when implementing new concepts.

Xavi is changing the teams game, with a few new faces and two recent starters who arrived on D-day. So some things are going to take a bit more time.

Shock horror, I just defended Charly Herb.

Home of Barca Fans