İlkay Gündoğan

Frodo_FCB

Well he has played in most games after his injury. Nothing to do with Vermaelen who was always injury prone and he was still injured when he came to us. Gundogan had only this back injury till now iirc and seems to be 100% fit for some months now. Will be able to reach his previous years standards? Don't know, but I'm quite optimistic about him.

Leo_Messi

Barça gives the OK for Gundogan [MD]
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...20131102559/el-barca-da-el-ok-a-gundogan.html

If I understand correctly, Barça has made sure he's physically OK and is now going after him, so nothing is done but it seems there's a clear intention.

If we add to that that he was in Barcelona a few days ago... it seems this is starting to look legit.

The article says that according to MD's knowledge (they always write that whenever there is some seriousness about the rumor:lol:) he is very much in the race to become our new midfield signing contrary to last summer where he was discarded due to his serious back injury that kept him injured for over 400 days.

Then they mention the information the German media posted (Kicker) about his recent travel and the fact that his reply to those rumors was "that he had nothing to say in this regard".

According to that article the club sees him as the ideal successor of Xavi and they note that he seems to be past those serious back problems.

They also claim that Zubi ordered a "medical exam" of Gundogan last year which revealed that it was not recommended to sign him at that moment in time. Then the article talks about the reunion his father and Zubi had in October 2013 that coincided with a trip to Dortmund of a Catalan journalist named Miquel Ángel Rosselló who apparently gave that information to MD.

Finally MD says that the club is perfectly willing to buy a player that they really want to buy this summer regardless of the ban and that they will evaluate whether they will loan such a player (s) back to their clubs until January 2016 (4 months) or incorporate them to the club immediately.

I just turned on the computer so this is the only article I have read so far about this rumor.:)

Last edited:

oggydude

I think he'd be a great buy for anyone as he is coming for quite a cheap price making him not a massive risk, he could become a legend.

MessiDinho10

He would be a great addition to our squad. Gundogan can control games and has good stamina. This will also benefit Samper, I feel they'd complement each other in our midfield.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Price Tag doesn't matter, we just have to see who can perform and can fit us better.
Look at suarez, I bet there are people who would pay easily upwards of 120mil today.
Rakitic we bought him for peanuts, if he would have cost us 40 we won't be complainig today. He's our driving force in the midfield.

Kohe321

[MENTION=19517]Leo_Messi[/MENTION] thanks a lot for translating and explaining the general contents of the article! :cheers:

Leo_Messi

Can't see him getting sold for more than 40 million euros. A fee around 25-30 million euros given his contract situation and circumstances would make sense. Kroos (IMO the better player and not a player that almost "just" returned after 400 days out due to a serious back injury) was sold by Bayern to RM for 25 million euros if I recall. He had 1 year left of his contract too.

Gundogan probably wants to play for us too so this would work in our favor as well.

[MENTION=19517]Leo_Messi[/MENTION] thanks a lot for translating and explaining the general contents of the article! :cheers:

No problem mate.

Bertus

or incorporate them to the club immediately.
But is Gundogan open to that? It would mean that he won't be able to play till january or am I wrong?

For his sake, I hope I'd be loaned. It isn't his fault that Barca got a ban. He doesn't have to pay for Barca's mistakes.

Leo_Messi

But is Gundogan open to that? It would mean that he won't be able to play till january or am I wrong?

For his sake, I hope I'd be loaned. It isn't his fault that Barca got a ban. He doesn't have to pay for Barca's mistakes.

I don't know about that. We will see if the club buys him. Personally I could very well see him stay at Dortmund until January where we then could buy him and incorporate him immediately. I recall reading somewhere that Gundogan was even open to stay at Dortmund until his contract expires meaning the summer of 2016.

Overall if we are truly interested in him and those rumors are true I think that we have a VERY good chance of signing him.

He is a player that the board has wanted to buy for a long time.

Bertus

I don't know about that. We will see if the club buys him. Personally I could very well see him stay at Dortmund until January where we then could buy him and incorporate him immediately. I recall reading somewhere that Gundogan was even open to stay at Dortmund until his contract expires meaning the summer of 2016.

Overall if we are truly interested in him and those rumors are true I think that we have a VERY good chance of signing him.

He is a player that the board has wanted to buy for a long time.

The best would be to buy him now, and loan him till january. You can pay Dortmund just a few millions more (2-3) to be sure they don't incorporate him in their EL list.

I mean, it's better if he plays until january. we saw how it was with Suarez. You can't stop playing real games for months and be good right after. Suarez needed time. If Gundogan plays with Dortmund till January, he will be 100% ready and fit when he joins Barca.

Last edited:

NeyMesSis

The best would be to buy him now, and loan him till january. You can pay Dortmund just a few millions more (2-3) to be sure they don't incorporate him in their CL list.

I mean, it's better if he plays until january. we saw how it was with Suarez. You can't stop playing real games for months and be good right after. Suarez needed time. If Gundogan plays with Dortmund till January, he will be 100% ready and fit when he will join Barca.

they arent in the CL

Leo_Messi

The best would be to buy him now, and loan him till january. You can pay Dortmund just a few millions more (2-3) to be sure they don't incorporate him in their CL list.

I mean, it's better if he plays until january. we saw how it was with Suarez. You can't stop playing real games for months and be good right after. Suarez needed time. If Gundogan plays with Dortmund till January, he will be 100% ready and fit when he will join Barca.

I don't think the club would ever buy him this summer and incorporate him to the club immediately. Would make little sense when you can have him play at Dortmund. CL won't be a problem as Dortmund won't reach the CL next season.

Personally I would make a deal with Gundogan and his inner circle (agent etc.) about us buying him in January. It would mean that we would have 4 further months to evaluate him.

Imagine if we buy him this summer and he gets seriously injured in October or November? Then we would basically incorporate an injured player.

In my eyes we should use the "ter Stegen" model as I call it.

BenRobbins

Dortmund just wouldn't play him. They are bringing in Geis as his replacement and he will play in midfield with sahin or bender. Gundogan might get the odd game here or there but it would be bad for his development and he would suffer greatly not playing.

Home of Barca Fans