İlkay Gündoğan

Bertus

I don't think the club would ever buy him this summer and incorporate him to the club immediately. Would make little sense when you can have him play at Dortmund. CL won't be a problem as Dortmund won't reach the CL next season.

Personally I would make a deal with Gundogan and his inner circle (agent etc.) about us buying him in January. It would mean that we would have 4 further months to evaluate him.

Imagine if we buy him this summer and he gets seriously injured in October or November? Then we would basically incorporate an injured player.

In my eyes we should use the "ter Stegen" model as I call it.
He will never accept that.

IIRC but Ryu will have to confirm, he said in interviews he won't try to screw Dortmund over a transfer.

He won't leave for free.
[MENTION=16262]Ryu Hayabusa[/MENTION]

Bertus

Dortmund just wouldn't play him. They are bringing in Geis as his replacement and he will play in midfield with sahin or bender. Gundogan might get the odd game here or there but it would be bad for his development and he would suffer greatly not playing.
At least he would play a little till january for sure IMO. Joining Barca this summer means not playing at all till january.

Leo_Messi

Dortmund just wouldn't play him. They are bringing in Geis as his replacement and he will play in midfield with sahin or bender. Gundogan might get the odd game here or there but it would be bad for his development and he would suffer greatly not playing.

That's not certain. Gundogan is open to stay at Dortmund until his contract expires and Dortmund would win nothing by not using him. A player like him is almost always useful for a team regardless of him leaving in a few months. Especially in a transition period with a new manager, new players etc.
Look at Lewandowski. Dortmund used him as much as any other play despite them knowing that he would leave for free for Bayern the following season. The preferred to use him instead of letting him rot on the bench. The only right thing to do unless you are a child managing a club.

Even if he stayed and played little he would still have played more than if we incorporated him this summer. Why? Because we simply can't register him. His only games will be training games at our training pitch.

I am not sure if this is a possibility but we could also buy him from Dortmund this summer and loan him out to a 3 party. That would probably be quite complicated and not very realistic.

In any case we will see what will happen and whether we will buy him to begin with. Something tells me that we will.

He will never accept that.

IIRC but Ryu will have to confirm, he said in interviews he won't try to screw Dortmund over a transfer.

He won't leave for free.
[MENTION=16262]Ryu Hayabusa[/MENTION]

I read that he was open to stay at Dortmund until the next summer and run his contract down if that was what Dortmund would want to do. I can't see that happening either but it's not important in this case as we won't have a problem with buying him this summer or in January 2016.

Last edited:

Bertus

I read that he was open to stay at Dortmund until the next summer and run his contract down if that was what Dortmund would want to do. I can't see that happening either but it's not important in this case.
Dortmund gets a new staff.

I'm not sure they will say no to easy money this summer. Especially since IIRC, Gundogan would want Dortmund to get a good enough fee for him if they decide to sell him.

I can see him being sold 30M.

If Dybala is worth 35M with bonus included (even more since Palerme will probably get players like Coman in the deal), Gundogan is worth at least 30M.

Now of course he can be sold for 22M+8M bonus or in installments.

As I said, we need [MENTION=16262]Ryu Hayabusa[/MENTION] here. He knows the german news better than all of us and can say which ones are BS or not.

Leo_Messi

Dortmund gets a new staff.

I'm not sure they will say no to easy money this summer. Especially since IIRC, Gundogan would want Dortmund to get a good enough fee for him if they decide to sell him.

I can see him being sold 30M.

If Dybala is worth 35M with bonus included (even more since Palerme will probably get players like Coman in the deal), Gundogan is worth at least 30M.

Now of course he can be sold for 22M+8M bonus or in installments.

As I said, we need [MENTION=16262]Ryu Hayabusa[/MENTION] here. He knows the news better than all of us and can say which ones are BS or not.

I don't think that this option is particularly relevant nor do I believe that it will happen. We won't have a problem with spending 25-35 million euros (that's the fee I can see him getting sold for) for him either this summer or in January 2016 anyway if we really want to buy him.

Bertus

I don't think that this option is particularly relevant nor do I believe that it will happen. We won't have a problem with spending 25-35 million euros (that's the fee I can see him getting sold for) for him in either this summer or in January 2016 anyway if we really want to buy him.
well, I'm a firm believer in Gundogan.

Followed him during that incredible season when Dortmund reached the CL final. And I don't believe he lost his talent because of an injury, even if it was a long injury.

He still has the potential to be amongs the top 5 midfielders in the world.

Leo_Messi

well, I'm a firm believer in Gundogan.

Followed him during that incredible season when Dortmund reached the CL final. And I don't believe he lost his talent because of an injury, even if it was a long injury.

He still has the potential to be amongs the top 5 midfielders in the world.

I rate him too my only worry is that back injury and whether he will be able to reach his level from the 2011-12 and that amazing 2012-13 season. Anyway I would be very happy if we bought him for that price and he was able to perform anywhere near that level in the upcoming seasons.

Thinking about it I am not so sure anymore that we need to buy 2 midfielders this season. Regardless of Xavi leaving.
Might as well stick with Gundogan and then strengthen other positions this summer or in January 2016.

A "marquee" midfield signing could always be done next summer. For instance buying Pogba or some other midfielder.

Let's wait and see and hope for the best. Exciting times ahead of us for sure.

Last edited:

BenRobbins

That's not certain. Gundogan is open to stay at Dortmund until his contract expires and Dortmund would win nothing by not using him. A player like him is almost always useful for a team regardless of him leaving in a few months. Especially in a transition period with a new manager, new players etc.
Look at Lewandowski. Dortmund used him as much as any other play despite them knowing that he would leave for free for Bayern the following season. The preferred to use him instead of letting him rot on the bench. The only right thing to do unless you are a child managing a club.

Even if he stated and played little he would still have played more if we incorporated him this summer. Why? Because we simply can't register him. His only games will be training games at our training pitch.

I am not sure if this is a possibility but we could also buy him from Dortmund this summer and loan him out to a 3 party. That would probably quite complicated and not very realistic.

In any case we will see what will happen and whether we will buy him to begin with. Something tells me that we will.

I read that he was open to stay at Dortmund until the next summer and run his contract down if that was what Dortmund would want to do. I can't see that happening either but it's not important in this case.

Yeah it is a possibility that it could very well play out like that.

Im of a strong opinion it won't however. Dortmund would have received the transfer fee ( be it 20 million or 40 million) and would play Geis who is the future and some even consider him a superior player at this moment in time. I think the way the dortmund board think has changed since the lewa and gotze sale. Watzke and Zorc seem a little more ruthless and i wouldn't put it beyond them to freeze gundogan out. Just a hunch.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
For his sake, I hope I'd be loaned. It isn't his fault that Barca got a ban. He doesn't have to pay for Barca's mistakes.

No [MENTION=15767]Bertus[/MENTION] we won't loan you, we need you here mate :D

Thanx a lot [MENTION=19517]Leo_Messi[/MENTION] for translating for everyone again, posted the link before going to sleep didn't have time to develop but you're always there to the rescue.

About the matter, bar injury, I don't think Ilkay lost his talent/technique, so i'm pretty sure he can get back to a good level in a good team and with some time.

For some reason, this is the signing I'm most excited about, not even the prospect of Pogba makes me as happy as this one :)

Jombi

Gundogan would be fine. For a reasonable amount of money ofc.

25m

I dont think that is reasonable. Toni Kroos went for the same price and he had just become World champion with Germany and was a star for Bayern, while Gundogan is struggling in a mid-table Bundesliga team and has serious injury concerns.

M

monamou

It'd be a major steal in this market. A move would probably do him good and he'd regain his form in Barca. Still only 24 as well

anguy

At least he would play a little till january for sure IMO. Joining Barca this summer means not playing at all till january.

Yes, but at least he'll be able to integrate into the team better. Playing in Barcelona midfield can be pretty challenging for newcomer. If he comes only during the winter he MIGHT have some match practice but he'll lack understanding with other teammates.

Irish_Cules

One reason why he'd make sense is that Dortmund wont be in the Champions League next season. With other targets that have been mentioned, the prospect of joining us in January would be tarnished by the fact that if they stayed on loan at another club they wouldnt be able to play Champions League football for the first half of the season or if they did then they wouldnt be able to play in the competition with Barca for the knockout stages. Gundogan wouldnt be faced with that problem.

Home of Barca Fans