İlkay Gündoğan

Co0ter

Gundogan-Pogba could become a great midfield though.

Gundogan in the CM Xavi role and Pogba in Iniesta AM role.

Pogba would have to work on his passing and "flow". Nothign as beatiful as Iniesta when he could just dance around enemies.

Gundogan would have to work on making quick decisions. Xavi could get the ball and make a splitting pass in the same step.

We won the liga and are in the cup final and CL final and we didn't use any form of Iniesta and Xavi's traditional "roles". You (and many others) are stating you want us to replace roles we don't even use anymore.

And why change what has worked well for us this season? If we move Gundogan to RM he would be taking "Rakitic's" role and whoever plays LM would be taking Iniesta's new role he was asked to play (which imo he would be ideal for if he was at his best and a bit better at defending and more physical).

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barcelona have a pre-deal on the transfer of Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan (24). The player has passed a medical test in Munich. [md]

Gundogan over Pogba anytime. Although, to be perfectly honest, both are second tier options to Verratti or Koke.

Antimadridista1

Gundogan has one year left in his contract, right ? It means that we won't spend more than 15/20m euro for him.
In this case, I completely agree with Bojan ; Gundogan over Pogba (for 80m to 100m) anyday of the week.

The best option would definitely be Verrati though... impossible unfortunately.

i_bleed_blaugrana

His injury spell was long which disrupted his form and his fitness and this "gut" debate is ridiculous. With our training corps and the kind of stickler for fitness Lucho is, he'll be in better shape and be rotated and protected here, unlike at Dortmund where he had to play constantly.

I think he is a fantastic signing with excellent value. He will complement Rakitic excellently, allow Iniesta to rest more and he is different enough from Rafinha that he shouldn't disrupt his progress as well.

Makes the Xavi departure more than digestible, now we gotta figure out Dani...:facepalm:

Kohe321

[tw]601529233148641281[/tw]

It's only a few months between the season starts and the ban is lifted, so I don't think it would be that detrimental for him just to train with the guys and not play during this period. He would be allowed to train with the rest of the squad, right?

They do practice matches in trainings, so he would be building chemistry and absord our style in those months leading up to his debut. It's not like the time would be wasted. In my opinion this would be a much more efficient way to get him integrated into the team, and also a lot safer than to let him play for Dortmund until January, where his physical exertion and training methods would be completely out of Luchos control.

Last edited:

raki

Verrati would be perfect but PSG dont sell. So Gundogan is good to go :) Suarez II. Train for 4 months and then play. It´s not perfect but it´s the best with what we have.

xXKonan

Don't know How Reliable Barça Blaugranes but here's an article about the "Transfer"

http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2015...russia-dortmund-agree-deal-for-ilkay-gundogan

and a snippet.

According to sources, Gundogan will sign a five-year contract with the Blaugrana, and Dortmund will receive a $34 million fee. Bonuses will also be awarded to both the club and the player if he meets certain performance goals, such as appearances, goals scored, and titles, in a deal similar to the one agreed with Arsenal and Thomas Vermaelen.
Just passing around on what I found Obviously I have no idea how Reliable Barça Blaugranes is.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Same dude reported that Reus and Piszczek were done deals last summer. And called Douglas a true diamond in the rough.

hamidyk

mundo-22-5.jpg

GUNDOGAN OK

The crack from Dortmund passed a medical in Munich and is relied upon to reinforce the center of the field

The talent of 24 years of age ends his contract in 2016, to be sold in the summer, but not to be played till January

Home of Barca Fans