İlkay Gündoğan

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If you guys had spent 1 or 2 seconds thinking that maybe the 10 or 12 million that he wants are before tax, you would have saved yourselves the trouble of getting angry at a person you've never met in your life and spreading your discontent on the Internet.

That is not the point. Whether it is before or after tax (in Germany I think it is before tax), the fact of the matter is he is allegedly demanding a salary that is higher than many of his fellow German internationals and foreign star players playing in the Bundesliga.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just crazy. If he wants that much, I don't want him here. It says a lot about one's character.

Couldn't disagree more.

Players(or their agents) these days just want the best possible deal for them and it's only fair of them to try and do that. If the club are not willing to offer it then fair enough. They can also always negotiate it down to an acceptable level for everyone.

It's a fair game. I think it's really wrong to pin that together with someone's character. Same happened with Pogba, people thought he was a trouble maker, a cunt and what not which is as far away from the truth it can be. He's quite a humble guy who's got his feet planted on the ground.

Neymar makes more than every player except Messi if we include the 40m his dad got, but he's a good guy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Couldn't disagree more.

Players(or their agents) these days just want the best possible deal for them and it's only fair of them to try and do that. If the club are not willing to offer it then fair enough. They can also always negotiate it down to an acceptable level for everyone.

It's a fair game. I think it's really wrong to pin that together with someone's character. Same happened with Pogba, people thought he was a trouble maker, a cunt and what not which is as far away from the truth it can be. He's quite a humble guy who's got his feet planted on the ground.

Neymar makes more than every player except Messi if we include the 40m his dad got, but he's a good guy.

I understand where you are coming from Don, but I disagree. As I said before, everyone wants to be paid decently or handsomely, understandably, but in my opinion it should be put into perspectives (vis-a-vis the current market prices, how much other players of equal status are getting paid etc.) and should be secondary to one's wish as to who, or which club he wants to play for. Gundogan allegedly demanding for 10m gave me the impression that he thinks he deserves to be paid more than many other players of his class (I think only 3 players, Ribery, Lahm and Schweinsteiger make 10m or more in Bundesliga right now, if I am not mistaken), and he might join the team that pays him the most. Just my impression, could be totally off-base.

With regard to Pogba, I don't like the allegation that not only did he(or his agent) demand to be paid a lot, he is demanding to be paid only second to Messi's. I think that goes to show he thinks he as a new-comer is so great, that he is doing us such a great service by joining us that he could demand such a high salary.

Not saying these guys are not good guys, but if true a little too greedy and egocentric to my liking. Again, my personal opinion, not trying to persuade you, Don.

Last edited:

Alarcón

That is not the point. Whether it is before or after tax (in Germany I think it is before tax), the fact of the matter is he is allegedly demanding a salary that is higher than many of his fellow German internationals and foreign star players playing in the Bundesliga.

I don't know how much the other Germans make. But what I do know is that 10 million gross (which is 5-6 million net) is not all that much for a player like him. The fact that Dortmund, a club that won't even play in the CL next year and don't have money to burn, are willing to give him close that amount says a lot.

F

Flavia

[tw]608966827662802944[/tw]

If this is true, no way those values are gross.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I imagine the values are always net unless specified otherwise. Only way to keep salaries constant for a player when you have so many countries with so many different tax rates in Europe.

Jägermeister

Wow, if those numbers are true, he should really lower his demands since Dortmund want him to leave and nobody will pay him these crazy amounts.

khaled_a_d

Wow, if those numbers are true, he should really lower his demands since Dortmund want him to leave and nobody will pay him these crazy amounts.

We are in 11/6 ,the transfer windows doesn't even open until 1/7 .he still has time on his side to wait for a higher bidder

Egert

Estonian Culé
Ilkay Gündogan's message to the Borussia Dortmund fans:
"Normally I do not address media reports, especially not on Facebook. I want to explain some things and give you a better insight," he wrote.
"In recent weeks, I, like you, read again and again that where I was signing was already agreed. Today I am in contract negotiations here, tomorrow I'm having a medical there.
"At first I could smile about it, but then there was talk of 'contract poker' and 'rip-off', that painted me in a bad light.
"Yesterday an ominous number [the reported wages he was demanding] appeared in the media and so I have now decided to say something about it. The 2014-15 season strictly speaking only ends on 30.06.2015.
"Although so far there have hardly been any transfers completed in Europe, rumour to rumour I was supposed to have demanded more and more, putting off making a final decision.
"Some have forgotten: I have one more year on my contract with BVB. What is important to me is that I'm not gambling financially or using delaying tactics.
"What's next for me personally, I will reveal as soon as possible. But only after the season and Germany's important game for the European Championship qualifier with the national team will I decide."

BenRobbins

Bild reckon that there is only a 60% chance he may leave now as he might be finding clubs hard to come by. Going from what i saw from sport witness.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
cartoon-june-13_ktv3x0bgaawb1jzsahmdlp5l9.jpg

Home of Barca Fans