İlkay Gündoğan

Darko

I say get him, he's going to be cheap with his contract expiring, so it's a low risk transfer. And if he returns to his form a few years back when he was one of the best midfielders in the world we'll have made a great transfer.

I understand where you are coming from Don, but I disagree. As I said before, everyone wants to be paid decently or handsomely, understandably, but in my opinion it should be put into perspectives (vis-a-vis the current market prices, how much other players of equal status are getting paid etc.) and should be secondary to one's wish as to who, or which club he wants to play for. Gundogan allegedly demanding for 10m gave me the impression that he thinks he deserves to be paid more than many other players of his class (I think only 3 players, Ribery, Lahm and Schweinsteiger make 10m or more in Bundesliga right now, if I am not mistaken), and he might join the team that pays him the most. Just my impression, could be totally off-base.

With regard to Pogba, I don't like the allegation that not only did he(or his agent) demand to be paid a lot, he is demanding to be paid only second to Messi's. I think that goes to show he thinks he as a new-comer is so great, that he is doing us such a great service by joining us that he could demand such a high salary.

Not saying these guys are not good guys, but if true a little too greedy and egocentric to my liking. Again, my personal opinion, not trying to persuade you, Don.

The 10 million are gross - not net.

It would be different if he would not have had his injury. But - he had a really good season in 2012/13, was injured all of 2013/14 and did not get back into his pre-injury-form in 2014/15.

There is still the big questionmark if he can get back into the form he had 2 years ago. And if he just was a good screw in a fitting system and might not be able to deliver it elsewhere.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The 10 million are gross - not net.

It would be different if he would not have had his injury. But - he had a really good season in 2012/13, was injured all of 2013/14 and did not get back into his pre-injury-form in 2014/15.

There is still the big questionmark if he can get back into the form he had 2 years ago. And if he just was a good screw in a fitting system and might not be able to deliver it elsewhere.

Yeah, I think Ribery/Lahm/Schweinsteiger's salary of 10m and more is also gross.

BenRobbins

Zorc has done a complete U-turn on Gundogans future from the quotes i have seen and he will probably stay at the club now.

I don't think barca, united or bayern actually want to take the risk on him. It looks to be his brother (agent) who seemed to be trying to generate interest for his client.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If MD denies it(Bartomeu's mouth piece) then I don't think it's Barto who wants to sign Gundogan.

Could be any candidate for all we know. The club cannot do anything until elections are over.

Antimadridista1

Many clubs want him but he asks for really high wages.

If we get Pogba I don't think that we'll need Gundogan, unless Rafinha/Sergi.R both leave.

slvtn

I'd really like Samper to get his chance. We can't register players anyway before January.

I'd really appreciate that. We could try signing Gündogan during the winter. He'd be a bit of a risky sign anyway since he's still far away from his best level.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bild reports that Gundogan rejected an offer from PSG that pays him 12m per year, as he doesn't want to play in Ligue 1. All signs are pointing to him extending his contract with BVB at this time.

Home of Barca Fans