İlkay Gündoğan

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gundogan has been good for us. Having said that I am in support of replacing veterans on high wages with youngsters. Would definitely like to see Lewa and Inigo go sooner than Gundogan.

Flick confirmed a talk with Gündogan yesterday, but he didn't say what about and he also said he believes he will stay. I think Gündogan wanted to make sure about his role this season because of Olmo's signing. If Flick plays his usual 4231 Gündogan knows from the German team of course, Olmo/Pedri are planned on the 10 behind the striker, only 2 pivot positions are left in midfield.
It'll depend on Flick if Gündogan will stay I believe. He wants to be useful, he doesn't want to sit on the bench yet. We'll see in the next 2 weeks, if Flick was able to convince him to stay.
I hope he stays this season. He's still world class. You won't win any titles with Casado and Bernal yet.
He will play for sure as a pivot, now the question is.
Is it relevant to keep such a big salary for someone who has one year left on his contract and who has declared that he wants to join a Turkish team?

jamrock

Olmo for gundogan 12 months early than expected, I'm not against it.

But we need quality, he can play as a 10 or deep, he's the only midfielder we have that can actually do both.

So he's worth keep for that alone.

Olmo for gundogan 12 months early than expected, I'm not against it.

But we need quality, he can play as a 10 or deep, he's the only midfielder we have that can actually do both.

So he's worth keep for that alone.
Yes lets throw-in another 18 millions.
We have so much money as psg or city...

We should do the same as we did with aubameyang thx for year but money rules, buddy.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
In a world where we could finally dump Frenkie, Gundo would stay & thrive but the fat cat is on a rich contract and is not interested in anything else but those wages

vuji_31

This situation is weird, he said that he wants to stay, then next day he is out of squad. Flick didn't said anything important on this theme.

In my opinion club said to him that he needs to go.

He was training alone this morning...

Co0ter

I can't blame him for wanting to leave. Look at the way we've behaved in the market. You think he wants to spend his last few seasons competing with Olmo and 5 teenager/20 year olds for 3 spots? De Jong isn't going anywhere either and he will start when/if ever healthy.

Home of Barca Fans