Ivan Rakitić

Chainsaw

Killahead
I don't like the Rakitic signing too much... Wouldn't play him deep in a 4231, very unsure of him taking Xavi's role in a 433 though.... Do you think you'll play him in the Xavi role?

From the ongoing Cesc exit rumors I say Rakitic is a direct replacement for Cesc and not Xavi. What his role will be in the team is what Lucho decides.

Gaudi

Rakitić is not fast, faster than Cesc though and Xavi as well.
I've got a feeling he'll be either best buy of the season or total flop, no middle ground.

Considering crosses: midget attack can also be dangerous from crosses, it's just that thoose crosses should be fired in the box on the ground, basically a shoot in front of goal. Small players could react to those much faster than tall defenders, it's just that we never use those balls, only Alves long traveling baloons

EDIT: all croatian press is saying he signed for Barca...not that they are very reliable but when everyone is saying the same thing I guess it's done

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
BpcrnlsIYAAXcFU.png

Vilarrubi

Hope this deal goes through.. Awesome player. Much more of an athletic build compared to Cesc and better defensively not to mention his unbelievable skill and vision. I believe there is much more to him than we have seen.. many a time last season i've watched Sevilla and thought the other players let him down.

dakt

As much as I love Rakitic, I doubt he will fit well in Barca. Mostly because he's proven in different style of play, long balls, many crosses, etc. We'll see.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Great signing if true. He could also help MaTS and Halilovic settle because he speaks German and is Croatian.

Vilarrubi

@dakt Agreed to a point but Barca were terribly slow last season on counter attacks. They allowed the opposing team to get 10 men back behind the ball by the time Barca had countered. Rakitic moves the ball quickly out of defence because of his vision and passing. Long balls don't necessarily have to be in the air... If he can pick out Messi from Barca's defensive half at the start of a counter attack it would leave Messi 1 on 1 on many occasions. Messi was facing a wall of 10 players with slow counter attacks last season. I believe Rakitic to be a perfect fit.

serghei

I like him a lot. I think he's great and I think he can give more than we've just seen so far. Can't believe I'm saying this, but it's a good signing if true. Plus, he can take Halilovic under his wing. ;)

L

linetty

Cerezo (president Atletico): "We made an offer for Rakitic? It seems he has joined Barça. I don't know, just saying what the press says."

Home of Barca Fans