Ivan Rakitić

Devils

I don't think Rakitic is the type of player who can play 180 minutes over the course of 4 days against strong opposition.

He looked exhausted out there and you could definitely tell he was burned out.

His endurance reminds me of Ozil's, on his day the guy is world class and puts on spectacular performances but he has a high rate of burn-out and collapses.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
burned out ?? he's amongst the most rested of the squad .. he had a bad game, hope it was just a one-off.

utility73

Not exactly his best showing, but it looked like once again he had to help out too much everywhere with Masch, Iniesta and especially Alves and Alba being overwhelmed big time in the first half.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
There is a reason he is often substituted 15 minutes before the end of games. Rakitic has to do so much work and fill out for everybody. Play box to box and do everything in midfield, cover for Alves and stay in Messi's position when he drifts to the middle.
I think he had an average game.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I don't think Rakitic is the type of player who can play 180 minutes over the course of 4 days against strong opposition.

He looked exhausted out there and you could definitely tell he was burned out.

His endurance reminds me of Ozil's, on his day the guy is world class and puts on spectacular performances but he has a high rate of burn-out and collapses.
Agreed but Rakitic's problem is not like Ozil's stamina, his problem is a by-product of his workrate that burns him out faster than other players

BerkeleyBernie

I thought he had a good game

He's generally pretty good against opponents who sit behind the ball. Only one moment I recall where he was dispossessed with his back to a pressing opponent. Good collective ball recovery by the whole team, Rakitic included.

Home of Barca Fans