Ivan Rakitić

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Rakitic's distance covered was 12,2km yesterday. He really needs another strong reliable CM at his side.

It's impressive but Xavi did cover 6,3 km in 45 (well, 48) minutes, which is about the same average. Actually all the midfielders moved a lot, it's just that Rakitic played for the full game.

klc123

It's impressive but Xavi did cover 6,3 km in 45 (well, 48) minutes, which is about the same average. Actually all the midfielders moved a lot, it's just that Rakitic played for the full game.

Xavi is still consistently one of the hardest working midfielders in world football. He hasn't got pace, but even now he still gets around the pitch. I remember reading that last year his average distance per game was in the top 10 for all players in european football.

Irish_Cules

Xavi is still consistently one of the hardest working midfielders in world football. He hasn't got pace, but even now he still gets around the pitch. I remember reading that last year his average distance per game was in the top 10 for all players in european football.

Xavi does work hard but I think that a lot of his distance covered is down to him moving to receive the ball. It's the reason he has so many touches/passes. He is always following up on his passes and making himself available to receive the ball again.

Mido

Xavi ran more than 11km with Spain against the Netherlands during the World Cup. It's nothing special for a CM at Barca who usually covers between 9 and 12 km.

xXKonan

Haha, how did Ter Stegen manage to run almost 6km as a goalie? That can't be normal? :lol:
11160667_462278960597121_8160597827791841684_n.jpg
:mou:

Home of Barca Fans