Ivan Rakitić

cro-man

In our national team he doesnt perform well and I never saw him as a player who could play at barca but he performs well in sevilla so I dont know maybe he deserves a chance.

JamDav1982

In our national team he doesnt perform well and I never saw him as a player who could play at barca but he performs well in sevilla so I dont know maybe he deserves a chance.

His stats to me are over inflated as he is over every set piece and takes penalties and is given total freedom to do what he wants in attack at Sevilla and is the main man in team.

Not comparing player ability but this reminds me of when Liverpool signed Charlies Adam who had great assist/goal stats from being over all set pieces and getting huge attacking freedom. Liverpool bought him off the back of those stats but without all that set piece and team being built round him they were left with an average player.

For those that find Cesc sloppy Rakitic loses the ball a lot more and in a team he was given much more space to operate.

cro-man

His stats to me are over inflated as he is over every set piece and takes penalties and is given total freedom to do what he wants in attack at Sevilla and is the main man in team.

Not comparing player ability but this reminds me of when Liverpool signed Charlies Adam who had great assist/goal stats from being over all set pieces and getting huge attacking freedom. Liverpool bought him off the back of those stats but without all that set piece and team being built round him they were left with an average player.

For those that find Cesc sloppy Rakitic loses the ball a lot more and in a team he was given much more space to operate.

Hmm could be true. sanchez has the same problem. He performs so well in chile because he has so much freedom but here.... Its a risky move because there are many better midfielders and here we dont know how good or how bad rakitic is.

BarcaGirl

Poor guy hasn't even played a single minute for us and people are already talking shit about him.

Never change, Barcaforum!

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Per Whoscored stats.

Cesc averages 0.8 dispossessions per game, 0.9 turnovers per game.

Rakitic averages 0.8 dispossessions per game, 0.7 turnovers per game.

So no, Rakitic does not lose the ball a lot more than Cesc.

JamDav1982

Per Whoscored stats.

Cesc averages 0.8 dispossessions per game, 0.9 turnovers per game.

Rakitic averages 0.8 dispossessions per game, 0.7 turnovers per game.

So no, Rakitic does not lose the ball a lot more than Cesc.

Considering how many touches they both get then the stats suit the argument that Rakitic gives it away more.

He probably has around half the touches Cesc has and gives it away almost as much.

Home of Barca Fans