Ivan Rakitić

gatsu

If Cesc failed because he didn't fit your system then why will Rakitic succeed?

Don't get me wrong Rakitic is a very good player but I struggle to see how he fits your current system. Cesc who is a superior player struggles to fit in the system so I don't get that. Unless the system is going to change of course.

Because our offensive animation will not be the same i assume, we will always play under a 4-3-3 (transforming into a 4-2-3-1 knowing Lucho) but the role of some players will be different, it's a key factor to achieve a revolution.

As for Rakitic he is not similar to Cesc (seriously have you ever watched at least one of his game), he is more polyvalent, faster, with a largely superior work rate, he is more like a Vidal or Pogba, and big LOL at the no starter statements.

Great signing, a top class midfielder, good job Zubi.

Last edited:

SwiftGuyver

you could argue that Cesc is a superior player to Alexis, Pedro, Keita etc but they all fit our system better...

obviously it all depends on what you are looking for in a player and if that player can provide it...

Lucho seems to think that Rakitić could be a better fit for us than Cesc and i'd tend to agree with him. Rakitić is faster, stronger, more versatile, has better fitness and energy levels, works hard for the team and presses off the ball, he is an excellent set piece taker, he is very skilfull on the ball, great passer long or short, offers a goal threat, can score from distance etc etc...

Antimadridista1

Rakitic has only one year left in his contract : 20m Euro
Fabregas has two years left in his contract : 33m/2 = 16,5m per year.

This is how we de business Zubi, right ..?

J

José Mourinho

Great signing, a top class midfielder, good job Zubi.

we will see. still hoping that this is a nightmare and it's all over tommorow when i wake up.
maybe i'm totally wrong and this guy is a crack but i don't think so

footyfan

Calma, calma
8m gross. Neymar makes 7m. Rakitic will make 3.5m net.

Are these wages confirmed? Great player, great deal at 20 mil tbh. Don't really think he's going to be a much better fit than Cesc but he may do better as Xavi will take on a much more reduced role. Also, considering making a 16 mil profit it's an amazing deal. Fabregas should honestly sell for more though, atleast around 45 mil.

Antimilan

Beware Cules... Rakitic will run less than this season's "being saved for the WC" Messi.

Whether that fits Barca's new system under Luis Enrique.... well, congratulations !

F

Flavia

Are these wages confirmed? Great player, great deal at 20 mil tbh. Don't really think he's going to be a much better fit than Cesc but he may do better as Xavi will take on a much more reduced role. Also, considering making a 16 mil profit it's an amazing deal. Fabregas should honestly sell for more though, atleast around 45 mil.

Neymar's is. Rakitic is only rumors so far. I've seen 15m plus incetives reports, or 18m, or 20m. The rumored wage is always 8m.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

i feel like ur havin a go at Can here?

Nah, he's definitely a world-class talent, no question about it, it's Rakitic I'm questioning

Although, now that I think about it, Rakitic does have a Europa League to Cesc's lack of Champions League, and United fans do want him for their team, so he's probably amazing

Richard.H

Beware Cules... Rakitic will run less than this season's "being saved for the WC" Messi.

Whether that fits Barca's new system under Luis Enrique.... well, congratulations !

That will easily be fixed because Lucho isn't a pushover and he will get his ass handed to him in practice. Or he will be benched by a youngster. He knows he has competition for his position as opposed to Sevilla.

Home of Barca Fans