Ivan Rakitić

jamrock

Is isn't saying anything new really.

The rot starts at the top and it was up to the coach to prevent complacency and set the team up right, both of which he failed at.

The president failed
The coach
The players.

Top to bottom.

Messi also said we should have won more CL, being up 3 goals should be a guarantee for a club the size of Barcelona to make next round.

Reactions: BJJ

Birdy

Is isn't saying anything new really.

The rot starts at the top and it was up to the coach to prevent complacency and set the team up right, both of which he failed at.

The president failed
The coach
The players.

Top to bottom.

Messi also said we should have won more CL, being up 3 goals should be a guarantee for a club the size of Barcelona to make next round.

The players failed to be professionals above all.
But the coach failed more, because it is his duty to exert ABSOLUTE authority and keep players in line
and the board and president failed EVEN MORE, because no serious club can let that circus going on

Players were let to have too much power, and Messi was part of it, and not outside, as his fanboys claim.

It will be remembered as one of the darkest spots in the history of this club

jamrock

The players failed to be professionals above all.
But the coach failed more, because it is his duty to exert ABSOLUTE authority and keep players in line
and the board and president failed EVEN MORE, because no serious club can let that circus going on

Players were let to have too much power, and Messi was part of it, and not outside, as his fanboys claim.

It will be remembered as one of the darkest spots in the history of this club

Messi was definitely apart of the player power era of the club.

But everyone on the this forum and fans in general, kept saying "club de amigos" , without asking themselves who is the person that is ultimately responsible for allowing these things to happen.

The devil himself barto, I kept trying to tell them, but it wasn't picked up on by the masses until the very end, when it was too late.

Birdy

Messi was definitely apart of the player power era of the club.

But everyone on the this forum and fans in general, kept saying "club de amigos" , without asking themselves who is the person that is ultimately responsible for allowing these things to happen.

The devil himself barto, I kept trying to tell them, but it wasn't picked up on by the masses until the very end, when it was too late.

Barto was responsible because he let that happen.
But responsibility trickles down to everyone involved as I explained above

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I always knew these players lacked professionalism! In Anfield the defence, the midfield and the offense failed!

In 18/19 we scored 0 away goals in cl knockout stage games against lyon, Manu (own goal) and Liverpool

Wrong mentality!

Poor EV :(

BJJ

I always knew these players lacked professionalism! In Anfield the defence, the midfield and the offense failed!

In 18/19 we scored 0 away goals in cl knockout stage games against lyon, Manu (own goal) and Liverpool

Wrong mentality!

Poor EV :(

Poor EV?

He was a softie and players took advantage of him. Everything was lax under him and once that rot sets in its difficult to get rid of it.
He's the manager and responsibile. He was charged with bringing in a transition but thought short term and pandered to amigos. In a sense we've never got over those humiliations till this day.

Catta

It is the managers job to fix those things, change the squad mentality and bench those who don't want to change. EV is more at fault for Anfield than any player.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
First time some player came out and was honest about it. Props to Rakitić for saying it and also taking some of the blame.

It was job of the coach to keep them in check 100%. But to Valverde's defense; we all know that amigos were the protected class by the president and he had his one hand tied behind the back.

In all honesty I don't know who would say anything to Messi or Iniesta. Or Pique.

In hindsight, what we ought to have done after 2012 or 2016 was replace 3-4 starters. Just to keep the team hungry. But noone would do that.

Horatio

You're welcome

Pique is type that if lacking discipline to give it all for Barca, will gaslight others into doing the same as to not stand out himself.
I am convinced those were dynamics going on.

“Come ooooon Coach, give us 2 days off instead of 1. This is Barca we’re talking about, not Cornella. What? You don’t trust the talent we have on this team? Maybe we should’ve picked a coach that does properly rate the talent, eh?”

“Come oooon bro, do it man. Cheat. Sometimes you need to cheat on your wife to let off steam and this will actually improve your relationship with her. Be a man about it. You question my insight into this? Ok, forget it. You’re clearly not a strongwilled individual. It’s okay. I will not talk with you about this anymore. Specifically you because you handle it poor seemingly. All is still good between us though bro.”

Home of Barca Fans