Jack Wilshere

He had a great game for a young player yesterday very composed, I dont think he should be further upfront I personally dont think he he would be as effective if he plays like Cesc, i reckon he would be great as a deeplying playmaker like Pirlo at Milan, let Song/Diaby/Denislon do all the breaking up of play and let him start the attack from the back, Well thats what i reckon at least :)

R

Reggs

Agree. Unfortunately for England Cappello goes even further and sees him in Makalele role if I unterstood it correctly. :facepalm:

Interesting how he was a dribbling winger in all youth sides (hence the silly messi comparisons in the opening post) but slotted perfectly in mentioned role this preseason and grabbed the spot for himself. :D

B

barcelona6

:lol:

Busquets had a decent game but Wilshere came of age last night (or, at least, could well have done). Biscuits is already a top, top player.

Fair enough, ive just been listening to the media none stop saying Wilshere was MOTM and not one mention of Busquets when he was man of the match.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Fair enough, ive just been listening to the media none stop saying Wilshere was MOTM and not one mention of Busquets when he was man of the match.

Well a man of the match has to be given to a winning player, except in games where like Ronaldo knocked Man U out with a hatrick even though they ended up losing 4-3. Even then I don't know who was awarded the MOM for that match.

Capello needs to partner him up with a solid DM and allow him the Xabi role, he would develop into an amazing player given what he did against Barcelona. He has his future ahead of him, I am just not sure if Arsenal are going to win anything and instill winning mentality.

Barcilliant

PPPLLLEEEEEEEEASSSSSEEE. This guy is a good player but nothing else. "Potential" is a dangerous word. There are tons of kids out there with potential but few make it. Wilshere will probably have a few good years and be a spent force by 23-24. He is good but nothing special. He is a media creation and another overhyped English player. People are acting like he is the second coming of Beckenbauer or something-lol!!

Pass with gas and move on.

R

Reggs

Maybe you should watch him playing more. Any 19 year old in starting 11 for arsenal is more than a good player. Last one doing that was a certain cesc fabregas.

Just because some media writes silly over-the-top crap doesnt mean that you have to write crap too. ;)

Edit:
cesc to jack on twitter
can't believe i had to go to get Messi's shirt for u. U were so scared. You were MOTM so next time please ask urself!

:D

Last edited:

Moe

powered by;
last Wednesday was probably the biggest game in his life, have to say he played like a 29 year old rather than 19. the way he got rid of pressure off himself and his teammates was incredible. looks like Xavi isn't the only man in the world with 4 eyes anymore.

Pepe Silvia

last Wednesday was probably the biggest game in his life, have to say he played like a 29 year old rather than 19. the way he got rid of pressure off himself and his teammates was incredible. looks like Xavi isn't the only man in the world with 4 eyes anymore.
Iniesta's been around for a little while, Moe.

Trequartista

The good
He had a great game for a young player yesterday very composed, I dont think he should be further upfront I personally dont think he he would be as effective if he plays like Cesc, i reckon he would be great as a deeplying playmaker like Pirlo at Milan, let Song/Diaby/Denislon do all the breaking up of play and let him start the attack from the back, Well thats what i reckon at least :)

I dont think that his future will be as a deeply playmaker at all,he just plays there now to see more from the ball,to see more from his passes completed which shall give him more confidence,Thtas how Cesc Fabregas developed and then turned into a modern number ten,thats the same way Chelsea want to help McEachran and probably what Barca will do with Thiago Alcantara
He will be a trequartista for me,after 2 or 3 years he will probably be moved up on the pitch to make more use of his awesome dribbling,hopefully he will cope with taht and will score more goals

He's better than Cesc, I'll give him that.

He is far better than Cesc at 18,19 thats what I think,we will see whether he will be at 23,24,etc
but anyway they are completely different players,jack is a mix between Mesut Ozil and Andres Iniesta for me

Forget the vid,Tiesto is a legend

A

Auntie A

What is a skeen? Jack is still developing so the sky is the limit for him and yes Messi is an all time great, so is the most beautiful footballer of all time - Thierry Henry.

S

Scooner

Good word Mido. I agree Wilshires natural position is higher up the pitch. Last year we were playing with 2 Am and 1 DM more (kind of what we switch too when Arshavin came on for yellow'd Song and Nasri moved in. Because we like our Left and Right Back to move forward so much, there has been bigger emphasis on the DMs and Wings to cover them making that area more secure. Last yere we would have played Jackie further forward, but he and Song seem to be working well together and of the 3 midfieldersm if 2 are going forwards its the responcibilty of the third to drop back, even if this is Cesc, so we are a lot more fluid and reactive to ply in the middle and the flanks. Wilshire is a different player than Cesc (ramsey is more similar to cescs, in certain elements) so it silly to compare and say how is better, when you need the variation of quailkties

Home of Barca Fans