Jack Wilshere

Bergkamp10

What is gay is people ranting about this chav Wilshere. Like all the other English players he has NO character whatsoever. A piece of shit who will end up like Joey Barton and Gazza. Little Ingerlund is full of little players with big mouths and LITTLE talent. When did England last win the World Cup..hmmm............................................

3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg

C

Carefree

Wilshere is nothing like J.Cole. What a weird comparison. Cole is an attacking midfielder/winger while Wilshere can play attacking midfield but is more of a central midfielder who can dictate the tempo of the game. He's an all action player and is probably most comparable to Scholes if you feel the need to compare him to another English player. Cole hasn't got the brain that Wilshere has and could never play central midfield.

I've had this discussion with you before, and you didn't listen did you? Joe Cole wasn't a winger at West Ham, the position was forced upon him when we bought him as our formation changed to a 4-3-3 system under Mourinho. He was an attacking midfielder capable of playing in any position within the final third of the pitch. Jack Wilshere played the exact same position as Joe Cole during his youth days at Arsenal, very versatile and has played in wide midfield positions before (Note, not winger). Their demeanours at that same age are strikingly similar too.

Wenger's developing him more into a central midfielder, and he's nothing like Paul Scholes either. The fact he seems like an intelligent young lad (Which I have already eluded too) makes him that little bit more special than Joe at the same age, i.e he has a brain and isn't a circus show.

Regardless, I fucking hope Capello doesn't play him in a deep lying role, Ancelotti's beginning to get on my rag by doing it with McEachran.

Bergkamp10

I've had this discussion with you before, and you didn't listen did you? Joe Cole wasn't a winger at West Ham, the position was forced upon him when we bought him as our formation changed to a 4-3-3 system under Mourinho. He was an attacking midfielder capable of playing in any position within the final third of the pitch. Jack Wilshere played the exact same position as Joe Cole during his youth days at Arsenal, very versatile and has played in wide midfield positions before (Note, not winger). Their demeanours at that same age are strikingly similar too.

Wenger's developing him more into a central midfielder, and he's nothing like Paul Scholes either. The fact he seems like an intelligent young lad (Which I have already eluded too) makes him that little bit more special than Joe at the same age, i.e he has a brain and isn't a circus show.

Regardless, I fucking hope Capello doesn't play him in a deep lying role, Ancelotti's beginning to get on my rag by doing it with McEachran.

Joe Cole is not capable of playing in a deep midfield role which is where Jack is playing now. He wouldn't have the intelligence or the movement to be able to sit back and sometimes swap places with a DM. Cole is a completely attacking player but Wilshere has much more to his game than that. His movement is fantastic, his passing is excellent and he can dictate the tempo of the game - something Cole never has or never will be able to do. They may have played in similar positions when they were younger but Wilshere has advanced and become a central player who can attack and defend. Cole was good at 19 but never struck me as a central midfielder.

Yes Wilshere is wasted in a deep role. Should be in a 3 man midfield with Parker and Lampard/Gerrard or a 2 man mf with just Parker. I was surprised not to see McEachran not come on vs Everton today. When is Carlo going to drop Essien/Lampard and give the boy a chance?

Richard.H

Wilshere is an excellent player, probably the top prospect from Arsenal. He could become the biggest star of Arsenal. Although this is EPL so club loyalty is nearly non - existent.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Hey common, lets be rational.

I'm not sure of Wilshire being arrested twice, but the one time he was it later turned out he was involved in breaking up a fight and trying to make peace in the situation.
He's not a big mouthed player. He doesn't come out with loads of crap in the media at all.

Comparisons with Joey Barton are ludicrous, Joey is a vile thug.

To say Jack has little talent is just naive and trolling

So he wasn't arrested for alleged assault on a Taxi driver recently?

As for breaking up the fight, he got off with a WARNING! You don't get a warning unless you have done something wrong!

Maybe you don't know more about it because, Wilshere is not the medias favourite person to Bash on. That is Barton!

Imagine if Barton made the "tackle" Wilshere did on Zigic?

Imagine if it was Barton and not Wilshere arrested twice in the last year?

It is clear that media would have made a MASSIVE MASSIVE deal out of it. But because it is Wilshere, the media darling and Englands heir to Gazza's throne, they don't make a big deal out of it and keep it on the hush hush.

NOTE: I am not defending Joey Barton's past indefensible disgraceful actions. Just making a valid point!

Wilshere is clearly hanging out with the wrong people though! Parents can raise their kids to be good people, but what they should really watch is the company they keep! As they are the people that influence their kids, BAD Influence or Good. Wilshere needs to break with the friends he follows, or the ones that follow and hang on to him.

SeloBarca

Wilshere wont be the future of Arsenal. If he turns out any good, Madrid will buy him like they buy any other player

Bergkamp10

Bloody hell, you can't compare Wilshere and Barton. Barton is a thug and a is generally a scummy piece of shit. Wilshere has just turned 19, were you an angel at 18/19? I wasn't. As for the taxi driver issue, it wasn't an assault. He said wilshere and his friends were shouting at him although jack hasn't been charged. There's no excuse for that but when you're young and with your mates you're bound to be a bit laddish and rowdy. Barton on the other hand has committed far, far worse and is a lot older and more experienced.

Wilshere's tackle on Zigic was bad but he's apologised for it and hasn't done it since. What more do you want him to do? As for Barton, I can remember some nasty challenges on Arshavin and Diaby that weren't even mentioned by the media despite them both being at least yellow cards. While Wilshere was crucified for his tackle.

Wilshere wont be the future of Arsenal. If he turns out any good, Madrid will buy him like they buy any other player

Can't see it because Wilshere really seems to love the club and I think he'll shoe loyalty. He's already signed a long term deal and has said he wants to stay for life

Plus like most English players he seems too thick to adapt to a new culture and learn a new language.

C

Carefree

Joe Cole is not capable of playing in a deep midfield role which is where Jack is playing now. He wouldn't have the intelligence or the movement to be able to sit back and sometimes swap places with a DM. Cole is a completely attacking player but Wilshere has much more to his game than that. His movement is fantastic, his passing is excellent and he can dictate the tempo of the game - something Cole never has or never will be able to do. They may have played in similar positions when they were younger but Wilshere has advanced and become a central player who can attack and defend. Cole was good at 19 but never struck me as a central midfielder.

Yes Wilshere is wasted in a deep role. Should be in a 3 man midfield with Parker and Lampard/Gerrard or a 2 man mf with just Parker. I was surprised not to see McEachran not come on vs Everton today. When is Carlo going to drop Essien/Lampard and give the boy a chance?

Joe Cole had the potential to play anywhere in his young days mate, bit like Steven Gerrard, though Cole was never tried in central midfield. Mourinho made him work on the defensive side of his play when he took over and he developed into one of the most hard-working, technically gifted players in the Premiership from 2005-2007. Never had to be as influential with us as he was with West Ham with a midfield of Makelele, Lampard and Tiago/Essien.

Wilshere on the other hand has the luxury of having Arsene Wenger for guidence. Rather than force the lad out wide or play him in a more attacking role, he's put him centrally, and it's paying off. He's learning different positions, and I imagine Wenger is looking to get someone like Wilshere and Ramsay ready for that position when Fabregas inevitably goes back to Barcelona. He's got the brains to do it, but in terms of pure style, Wilshere is exactly what Cole was like at 19, just a bit more talented.

Re-McEachran - he isn't going to play for us as long as Ancelotti is around. The man is an absolute bottle job, spineless. Essien has been our worst performer all season, and he still won't give Josh games, despite him being our best performer in every game he's started or played some part in. He's probably the best passer in our midfield, the only midfielder who can glide past the opposition, and the only midfielder who understands the concept of 'pass and move'. He's 14 months younger than Wilshere and has played more times than both him and Messi at the same age, so i'm not too worried about his development at this current moment, but we do need to get rid of Carlo before it becomes an issue.

Bergkamp10

Wilshere is a closer replacement to Xavi than Fabregas is IMO. And I'm not saying Wilshere is as good as Xavi or just like him, just that I think from watching them both, he'd be a better eventual replacement.

But Barcelona don't want him according to Pep and he won't leave so it's irrelevant.

Home of Barca Fans