James Rodriguez

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
That's another thing. Why do people call him James when clearly his surname is Rodriguez.

Rodriguez is such a common surname in the Spanish-speaking world that no-one would know who you're speaking of. James on the other hand is easily recognizeable. And shorter.

raskolnikov

Rodriguez is such a common surname in the Spanish-speaking world that no-one would know who you're speaking of. James on the other hand is easily recognizeable. And shorter.
Should have gone with James as in bond rather than James as in Javier, sounds cooler.

J

Jamie Cal

I love watching the guy play. One of my favorites to watch. Thee creative midfielder in Europe atm.

EdmondDantes

Now this lad is worth his price tag. Technique, work-rate, vision... all round great player and his performances showed it. It seems Perez got this one right.

They would've had one of best midfields, if not the very best, in the world if they kept Di Maria and added a proper DM

343 with Di Maria, James, Modric and someone like Kondogbia or Schneiderlin as DM.

Morten

They would've had one of best midfields, if not the very best, in the world if they kept Di Maria and added a proper DM

343 with Di Maria, James, Modric and someone like Kondogbia or Schneiderlin as DM.

Would still have the best midfield, if not for the Bayern-virus.

Morten

You don't have the best midfield because you lack a DM. It has the potential to be the best midfield in the world if you sign a defensive midfielder.

I would say its the best midfield already, as long as we remain relatively injury free. The back-ups are not up for the tasks, our best midfield is good enough against anyone.

serghei

I would say its the best midfield already, as long as we remain relatively injury free. The back-ups are not up for the tasks, our best midfield is good enough against anyone.

I respect that. Not for me tough. Modric doesn't cut it as a DM for me.

Icarium

Lifestealer
They cant defend. I agree they can create lot of chances but still they are not good enough against players like messi neymar and Suarez and they might struggle against parked buses too. Because they cant defend counters effectively and will eventually lose the match. If they sign a DM this season it will become best midfield.

Morten

I respect that. Not for me tough. Modric doesn't cut it as a DM for me.

Modric is a complete midfielder, he is well known for his passing/dribbling/vision etc. but he is a beast in tracking back also. Sure, maybe someone like Matic would do a better job in defending, but he would be inferior in every other way.

Home of Barca Fans