Javier Tebas (LFP President)

serghei

ESL doesn't have anything to do with La Liga. It will replace the current disaster CL where oil clubs can do what they want and have unlimited money supply under the tutelage of the UEFA crooks.

If UEFA can't organize a fair game and keep the sheiks in check, it's only normal the big clubs, who actually made the CL a spectacle all these years, should try to undermine their position.

What can happen is that the separating clubs boycott the current CL format, and sent the reserve teams or whatnot, and they will compete for National League as before, and for a new competition, such as ESL.

Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, these should continue, and will not go away. Undermining the European competition is the big stake, and by this, taking the power away from oil clubs such as PSG, which mostly care about the Champions League.

Last edited:

Messigician

ESL doesn't have anything to do with La Liga. It will replace the current disaster CL where oil clubs can do what they want and have unlimited money supply under the tutelage of the UEFA crooks.

If UEFA can't organize a fair game and keep the sheiks in check, it's only normal the big clubs, who actually made the CL a spectacle all these years, should try to undermine their position.

Actually it does

Morten

ESL invited the likes of City and Chelsea, so it wasn't really about countering the oil clubs, even though they are no longer part of it by withdrawing.

JamDav1982

It was to counter the EPL more than anything and oil clubs being controlled with tighter rules on spending.

When you look at likes of Sevillas team tonight then see West Ham signing Italian, Brazilian internationals etc.. no wonder they are panicking.

La Liga standard is horrific and as bad as ever seen it.

Last edited:

serghei

ESL invited the likes of City and Chelsea, so it wasn't really about countering the oil clubs, even though they are no longer part of it by withdrawing.

PSG is the worst of the worst. It's mostly an attack on PSG who is abusing the market at will, and has all the UEFA bosses in their pocket most likely. 600m contract for 3 years :lol:, what's next? PSG basically doesn't care about any sort of financial fair play notion, and can only do things by flooding the market with oil money.

For me, there is a clear difference between PSG and City. The term oil club means more than just the nationality of the patronage. It's about how you conduct yourself on the market and the relation with other clubs.

PSG are like a cancerous tumor you have to cut out. Barca and Madrid understood this and are acting on it.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
PSG is the worst of the worst. It's mostly an attack on PSG who is abusing the market at will, and has all the UEFA bosses in their pocket most likely. 600m contract for 3 years :lol:, what's next?

I know with Nasser being the president of the ECA and him currently being firmly against the ESL, together with Ceferin, the ESL will not include PSG. But in the long run if the ESL flies and flies high I am sure they will invite PSG and other oil or state clubs. I don't even know if the ESL cares to have any sort of FFP stuff in place.

serghei

I know with Nasser being the president of the ECA and him currently being firmly against the ESL, together with Ceferin, the ESL will not include PSG. But in the long run if the ESL flies and flies high I am sure they will invite PSG and other oil or state clubs. I don't even know if the ESL cares to have any sort of FFP stuff in place.

They will, but the leash will be firmly on. Right now they are like a pit bull with rabies running rampant.

Of course they do care about FFP. Barca and Madrid are fan owned models, and they don't want to sellout to private ownership. As a result, there is a ceiling to what they can afford and the ceiling is stomped on by sheiks. PSG are now bullying them both (especially Madrid, Barca have papa Barto to blame for our shit) with the use of oil money and aided by rampant UEFA corruption.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Wouldnt be surprised if the ESL goes ahead and is led by Spanish/Italian clubs who then try to campaign for teams from other leagues that feel left in dust by finances of EPL and it causes a split in Europe between 'CL' teams and ESL sides.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They will, but the leash will be firmly on. Right now they are like a pit bull with rabies running rampant.

I am not sure about that, I mean the ESL is not inspiring to replace UEFA (just the CL) or any national leagues, does it have any legal power to implement any rules on spending etc.?

I am more inclined to think WE, not other clubs will suffer the most in the short run, if anybody seriously puts a FFP in place. We spend more than what we take in.

serghei

I am not sure about that, I mean the ESL is not inspiring to replace UEFA (just the CL) or any national leagues, does it have any legal power to implement any rules on spending etc.?

I am more inclined to think we will suffer more than any other clubs in the short run, if anybody seriously puts a FFP in place. We spend more than what we take in.

It is a private event. They can invite who they want.

JamDav1982

No chance would Barca suffer more than most with FFP rules that are consistent with what other teams in that competition face.

It would help Barca massively compared to now.

serghei

Without corruption, Barca and Madrid generate the most organic money, simply due to their worldwide popularity, size of the stadiums etc.

Of course a monumental idiot of a president could still fuck it up and lead the club to a bad financial period, in which case, it is what it is. You struggle to get back, but at least it's fair. You fucked it up, you suffer to get back.

Home of Barca Fans