Javier Tebas (LFP President)

Kul_z

He got some heated conversations apparently with rfef. Isnt it rfef above liga, like a governing body and why they dont just remove him?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What he do this time?

To quote your post on the Christensen thread:

"LaLiga president Javier Tebas was clear on Monday, at the presentation of the salary cap for all Spanish clubs, about the amount that Barcelona will have to reduce their wage bill next summer. It will be around €200 million, an amount that the Blaugrana disagree with, but which Tebas sees as immovable."

wisconsincule

This guy is unreal. You would think he would want to grow his companies brand and not tarnish it…. If the president of my company openly argued with people on Twitter- I am pretty sure they would be removed from their position.

serghei

Wasn't there some 1/3 rule in place or some stuff like that? Say you save 60m in wages, you can invest 20m.

khaled_a_d

Wasn't there some 1/3 rule in place or some stuff like that? Say you save 60m in wages, you can invest 20m.

1:4
He changed it to 2:5 role, BUT with a massive catch.
Any contract, regardless of any rule, the club will need to provide evidence they willbe able to pay 2 more years in it, without breaking FFP (last part I am not 100% but it is what I got)
That is why we had the cap space to register Gavi,but Liga is refusing. Because they think we don't have the means to pay him without decreasing salary cap for extra 200M.

This hinders us massively, and counter intuitive.
It forces clubs to retain players since they can't replace them, and prefer older players who will accept 1 year contracts over young players demanding 3+ years

Porque

To quote your post on the Christensen thread:

"LaLiga president Javier Tebas was clear on Monday, at the presentation of the salary cap for all Spanish clubs, about the amount that Barcelona will have to reduce their wage bill next summer. It will be around €200 million, an amount that the Blaugrana disagree with, but which Tebas sees as immovable."

Fair point. As I said in another thread (maybe Christensen?), there is no way LaLiga can expect the clubs to move with the salary cap fluctuations we are seeing. Look at Barcelona's right now at 640+m, but only that high because of the levers. And yet, the subsequent year the drop is 200m because there are no levers. The club can pay the salaries but the system punishes the post-covid yoyo. And again, we have to renew players on high salaries instead of releasing them at end of contract just to gradually reduce the cap.

It is just an insane model we are following, and yet the clubs voted for it.

Mind you Madrid played with their numbers in the stadium reconstruction and have a better business man in chance with Florentino and will sit around a 700m cap. So it is possible to strategically have success.

Maybe Laporta overplayed his hand with the levers and should have looked to achieve a 450-500m salary cap to steady the ship? So that would basically mean same squad but no Lewandowski and no Kounde. Basically means a basic RB in place of Kounde out of position and a free signing like Lacazette who (hindsight admittedly) is showing in Ligue1 that he will still score goals in a less demanding league- just as Auba showed for us 6 months prior.

So that way, this summer we wouldn't need to reduce any cap as the Lewa/Kounde transfer fees are removed+high wages.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Dumb question incoming as I am so confused on the wage bill FFP (especially the 1:4 or whatever it is)

Do we have to decrease the squad's wage bill by 200 million or should the whole squad's wage bill be 200 million?

Porque

200 decrease in total wage bill. So roughly around the same it was (ish) for 2021/2022 season.

Also expect another cap decrease 24/25 season after a year in the mountains.

khaled_a_d

The bigger question is who count against that next year 200M reduction?
Is it current year squad? So is Busquets et al expiring contracts is an automatic save? This could save us good portion.
Is it all contracts signed that is tied to next year? Is Abde, Lenglet, Dest, Nico, Trincao & Umtiti all counted? Abde might not as he is a Barca B player. But all the rest were 1st team players. I mean getting rid of those should save us around 25% of those 200M

wisconsincule

What happens if Laporta says fuck you to Tebas??

Is there any option where Barca could potentially be kicked from La Liga and join another league? This would never happen but what can Tebas really do? He needs Barca in La Liga… they generate the league 1/3 of its revenue at least….

serghei

What happens if Laporta says fuck you to Tebas??

Is there any option where Barca could potentially be kicked from La Liga and join another league? This would never happen but what can Tebas really do? He needs Barca in La Liga… they generate the league 1/3 of its revenue at least….

He doesn't need anything, he is elected by the other clubs who hate the Barca and Madrid monopoly anyway.

We have to wait, put our club in order, minimize errors and scandals and that's it. And if the club is majorly affected by the decisions from Uefa, Fifa, LFP and others, and we have a case, then sue them.

We can't do that if the club is in shambles though. So first we need to clean all the shit.

Last edited:

serghei

The bigger question is who count against that next year 200M reduction?
Is it current year squad? So is Busquets et al expiring contracts is an automatic save? This could save us good portion.
Is it all contracts signed that is tied to next year? Is Abde, Lenglet, Dest, Nico, Trincao & Umtiti all counted? Abde might not as he is a Barca B player. But all the rest were 1st team players. I mean getting rid of those should save us around 25% of those 200M

Another question, most of our problems are because of those huge losses from the end of the Bartomeu era with the pandemic and everything. Isn't that year soon eliminated from these wage limit calculations? Aren't only the last X years in terms of profit and losses calculated?

Home of Barca Fans