Joan Laporta

Hardy

BREAKING: Jordi Cruyff will be part of the sports structure under Joan Laporta’s presidency, if the latter wins the presidential elections this March.

Vilarrubi

Let’s see if Jordi comes out with a similar statement as he did when Font mentioned him, distancing himself from Barca as he’s under contract :lol:

If he doesn’t, it speaks volumes.

khaled_a_d

Who is his Sporting director?!?!?!

He refused tp specify, out of respect to the current folks working with the club.
But it seems Alemany will be basically the one who will play the major role in making the football calls.
Whether as a direct sporting director, or some sort of adviser (like Crujif himself in first term) will be seen.

Mrgandalf

Curious member
I heard the name from Overmars in the news. It looks like he will become a sports director and work under Alemany supervision ... something like that.

Joan

Overmars and Zorc are the ones mentioned by the media.

Where did Jordi Cruyff come from?!

It's a hopeless case this club.

Devils

He refused tp specify, out of respect to the current folks working with the club.
But it seems Alemany will be basically the one who will play the major role in making the football calls.
Whether as a direct sporting director, or some sort of adviser (like Crujif himself in first term) will be seen.

Don't know if I am a big fan of this model.

When you have a Manager/Sporting Director/General Manager all involved with recruitment it seems to result in friction as it did with Barto.

On the plus side, it gives more heads to put on the chopping block for Laporta when things go wrong.

xxxxxx

I think you have a button and you are trying to find a coat for it.

Not really.

His "sporting project" is about bringing in Barcelona's DNA past players and hoping they'll fix this mess.... even those people like Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol have no experience with dealing with this crap. He's then talking about focusing on La Masia (which is good), but you need to be very patient and lucky. It's not like we're going to get another Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Messi any time soon. Also, to get those kinds of players altogether from the youth system is once in a generation. Then he's talking about keeping Messi happy and making the team competitive to win the Champions League again.... which isn't going to happen for at least 3 to 5 years (probably way after 5 years); you need a lot of money and a very good squad with depth to do that.... we have neither. We have an average squad with barely any depth and we're in terrible debt. By the time we sort out our debt, we'll be further behind the teams like PSG, Man City, Liverpool, Bayern, Man Utd.... and the list goes on. Messi doesn't have 3 to 5 years. Then he's making out that all Griezmann needs is to believe in himself and he'll suddenly become a world-class player and he'll start banging in the goals.

His "sporting project" may benefit us 5 to 10 years from now on but it isn't going to solve our immediate problems. It sounds like he'll try and shorten the debt as much as possible. But he knows deep down that he cannot spend big amounts of money. It also sounds like he's going to bend over to Messi and give him a big and fat contract where he'll be on big wages. It also sounds like Pique, Busquets, Alba won't be going anywhere, due to his Barcelona DNA theme sporting project. He's stating we need to focus on the future, but he keeps mentioning things from the past. It just seems like he's saying anything that'll appeal to the masses. I honestly don't think he realizes how difficult it is to do with massive amounts of debt and without having a good team without good depth. As I said, he's been out of the game for over 10 years. Football has changed an awful lot. The transfer market isn't what it was. He isn't going to get players like Henry and Ronaldinho for that cheap anymore. He also won't have players like Xavi, Iniesta, Valdes, Puyol and a very young Messi in the squad this time around.

I don't even want Font. I think he has no real plan at all. It seems like the same crap Laporta is talking about. Font just wants to bring Barcelona DNA and make Xavi the coach.

I guess we're fucked either way.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans