Joan Laporta

Nazario1985

What, Xavi and Pep won't come to help Barca? Must be Bartos fault again.

Xavi has a release clause in his new contract with Al Sadd "if Bar?a calls i go"

But is Laporta convinced Xavi will do the job ?

I never want to see pep in Barca again, much rather bring Rijkaard from his retirement ...

Birdy

More unwelcome news about Laporta:

"@HagridFCB
7h
Joan Laporta wants more offensive football from Barcelona. The club doesn?t entirely like the 3-5-2 that has been imposed in the last 2 months.
@ffpolo
[MENTION=8617]roger[/MENTION]Torello
"

So, we have again a model of a president from the past, a president who wants to have an opinion on how the team plays.
As if he has any knowledge on the issue
As if he knows tactics, and understands whether the 3-5-2 is more defensive than the 4-3-3 or not.

This is a huge step backwards.
I can't help but think again how many times Font said that is not the job of the president to decide transfers and how the team plays.
Pro-Laporta people have to admit Font is so ahead of Laporta on so many different aspects.

Bobo32

"@HagridFCB
7h
Joan Laporta wants more offensive football from Barcelona. The club doesn?t entirely like the 3-5-2 that has been imposed in the last 2 months.
@ffpolo
"

So, we have again a model of a president from the past, a president who wants to have an opinion on how the team plays.
As if he knows tactics, and understands whether the 3-5-2 is more defensive than the 4-3-3 or not.

I can't help but think again how many times Font said that is not the job of the president to decide transfers and how the team plays.
Pro-Laporta people have to admit Font is so ahead of Laporta on so many different aspects.

Here is at last one time where I can agree with you.
I thought Font was the man this time, though I wasn't that involved...
In any case, he was correct that football people should decide on football issues.

The manager shouldn't be entirely free to decide the formation or transfers either though. It's not clear from your quote whether it is Laporta personally or the club who have issues with the formation.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sounds like Nike have given Barca a deadline of October to find a new shirt sponsor for the 2022-23 kit as the Rakuten deal is running out after next season.

https://twitter.com/sergiescudero/status/1393217294726270981

Also in the same tweet underneath, Laporta's friend is saying he's very worried for Barca and Laporta as they're finding some crap at every stage they're trying to fix, assuming it's about the audit that's being done right now where the club's financial situation is presumably much worse than anticipated.

Nazario1985

"@HagridFCB
7h
@ffpolo
"

Unless he is an american business man who only cares about "yield value of his investment" he has to have a say on how the teams is shaping for the future

A manager can come & go but the project is managed by the president & his board not the coach who is here to execute that said "vision" with a clearly laid strategy for X seasons.

Things don't happen by magic and good will.

Now is he wrong about the 3-5-2 ? he can say what he wants as a football fan like you do on the internet and pretend to know more about football more than him right ?

Nazario1985

Laporta acts cultured in this. Koeman already knows his faith, so no need of drama. I've would have been content with him (CdR win) if Atletico kept their big lead in the league with no hope of Barca winning La Liga, but missing two chances with easy-peasy games to go on top is unforgivable. Koeman brought this on himself.

Laporta is A LAWYER & A POLITICIAN ... so two reasons RK shouldn't trust him.

which is good.

Birdy

Unless he is an american business man who only cares about "yield value of his investment" he has to have a say on how the teams is shaping for the future

A manager can come & go but the project is managed by the president & his board not the coach who is here to execute that said "vision" with a clearly laid strategy for X seasons.

Things don't happen by magic and good will.

Now is he wrong about the 3-5-2 ? he can say what he wants as a football fan like you do on the internet and pretend to know more about football more than him right ?

Vision is quite general.
The way the vision will be materialized has to go through the right technocrats that know the relevant fields, not through whatever opinion the president has as a fan.
Same goes for the formation and the tactics.
This is not to be decided by any president. Personal opinions are to be kept for his private life

Barcilliant

Sounds like Nike have given Barca a deadline of October to find a new shirt sponsor for the 2022-23 kit as the Rakuten deal is running out after next season.

https://twitter.com/sergiescudero/status/1393217294726270981

Also in the same tweet underneath, Laporta's friend is saying he's very worried for Barca and Laporta as they're finding some crap at every stage they're trying to fix, assuming it's about the audit that's being done right now where the club's financial situation is presumably much worse than anticipated.

Lol, we'll be lucky to get Kappa on board. Remember them?!
I hope Adidas or Puma decides to save us. Fuck Nike.

Barcilliant

"@HagridFCB
7h
@ffpolo
"

How about we get the defense absolutely rock solid. Sign a world class cb and left back for starters. Kick out Ter Stegen and get a great goalkeeper who's not a big name.
Laporta seems deluded. No use playing attacking football if the defense has more holes than Swiss cheese. The problem at Barca is the lack of respect given to the cb position. We're always looking to wing it or go for the cheap option. If we had paid two hundred million for world class CBS instead of attacking flops like Griezmann, Coutinho and Dembele we would be alot more durable instead of folding under the slightest of pressures.

FinBarcelonafan

How about we get the defense absolutely rock solid. Sign a world class cb and left back for starters. Kick out Ter Stegen and get a great goalkeeper who's not a big name.
Laporta seems deluded. No use playing attacking football if the defense has more holes than Swiss cheese. The problem at Barca is the lack of respect given to the cb position. We're always looking to wing it or go for the cheap option. If we had paid two hundred million for world class CBS instead of attacking flops like Griezmann, Coutinho and Dembele we would be alot more durable instead of folding under the slightest of pressures.

True. Good defense can at least keep games close.

Home of Barca Fans