Joan Laporta

Barcilliant

Conte?.spent two fractious years at Chelsea after joining in 2016. While he steered the club to the Premier League title in his first season in England, he was fired a year later after Chelsea finished fifth and failed to qualify for the Champions League.7 Jan 2020 Guardian.

His best signings Rudiger 29m, Kante 30m, but he also signed Morata 60m , Drinkwater 35m, Bakayoko 40m, Zappacosta 23m

Four Four Two.
Conte is often a fine judge of a player, but he invariably wants to sign everyone. His reign at Chelsea unravelled amid his often public grievances that they did not sign Virgil van Dijk, Leonardo Bonucci, Fernando Llorente, Kyle Walker, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alex Sandro, Sanchez and Lukaku.
But now he feels a man out of time, one with the tactical knowledge and the coaching skills to excel almost anywhere but whose incessant requests for more spending and more signings suggest a lack of realism and which could be a deterrent to prospective employers.

Yeah but Roman supported Lampard and spent big.

Mateka

Yeah but Roman supported Lampard and spent big.

Lampard has spent his 263m across three transfer windows at an average of almost 88m, although almost all of that came in the summer of 2020. The only men to exceed Lampard's average are Maurizio Sarri, who went big at an average of 100m in his two transfer windows, and Conte, who averaged 89m.29 Dec 2020 Telegraph

It appears in the transfer windows Conte was backed slightly more than Lampard.

Rassvet

Hard pass on Conte. His football isn't too exciting, he always causes turmoil, and his results are good but not good enough especially in Europe to offset that. He has three group stage exits in his last five CL campaigns ffs.

Rassvet

Conte is a league master like EV, but much worse in man management, worse in europe, and plays duller football. Of course, forum de amigos would cartwheel for the poor's man Valverde while giving little respect to the original.

Horatio

You're welcome
Conte is a league master like EV, but much worse in man management, worse in europe, and plays duller football. Of course, forum de amigos would cartwheel for the poor's man Valverde while giving little respect to the original.

tru

KingLeo10

EV won his leagues with a 50+ and 45 goal a season Messi.

Conte won his leagues against Juve/CR7 and against Pep and other stiff competition in PL.

Let me know when EV gets called in to manage teams of the caliber of Chelsea or Juve or Inter.

Conte isn't tier A but he's still a whole tier above Ernesto lmao.

Rassvet

Conte won his leagues against Juve/CR7 and against Pep and other stiff competition in PL.

Let me know when EV gets called in to manage teams of the caliber of Chelsea or Juve or Inter.

Pep's City weren't good in 16-17 and Juve were crap last season. Madrid 17-18 was better than any team Conte has won a title over.

KingLeo10

Pep's City weren't good in 16-17 and Juve were crap last season. Madrid 17-18 was better than any team Conte has won a title over.

Madrid 17-18 was a 75 point team in the league :lol: They spent their efforts in the CL.

But seriously, the fact that EV isn't even getting an interview from top teams should let you know all you need to know.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Madrid 17-18 was a lot less motivated after winning la liga in 16-17 and it was more difficult to win against pep 16/17 than against real. EV is surely underrated in that forum but not on the same level like conte.

Morten

Valverde beat Conte no problem in the CL, without Messi and other key players.

Joan

Tru. I'm only proposing Conte as I know the forum isn't ready to accept Valverde is the best choice.

Btw., who's in the forum de amigos? That happened during my sabbatical :pep:

kattanib

If a ship is sinking, Laporta has his ways of convincing me everything is alright and the best decisions will be made by the experienced crew. I like that, great leadership skills, and I would sink with him confidently to my grave

vegitot

Valverde beat Conte no problem in the CL, without Messi and other key players.

He won vs full strenght Inter, at their own backyard, with kid while sleeping :valverde2: . I remember Dortmund were even upset with Barca's formation because they thought Inter would win against bunch of kids.

Btw, i would take Conte but he may go into a war with Laporta and veteran players in no time.

Home of Barca Fans