Joan Laporta

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
I ran across this documentary a few years ago on Laporta's first year and reminded me a lot of the Ronaldinho years. Both Laporta and Ronaldinho changed the club immensely.

Actually was Rosell who played the biggest role in Ronaldinho's signing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. Don't know how many times we need to repeat it. Laporta won the elections on promise of signing Beckham. He got elected but Beckham snubbed him. Rosell then stole Ronaldinho under Ferguson's nose. And the rest is history..

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

I don´t like Laporta behaviour since he left the club.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

~Spain's Supreme Court has dismissed the appeal made by former Barcelona chairman Joan Laporta and seven of his directors, and has confirmed the sentence handed down by the Provincial Court that ruled they should provide guarantees for losses incurred in the 2002/3 season, Laporta's first season, that come to a total of €63.8 million.

Pay up.

DennyCrane

Since when do board directers guarantee losses made by the club?

For quite a while now. It's an LFP obligation to prevent defeat of a creditor in the case of a clubs' insolvency. The LFP actually exonerated Laporta (and the board) from this obligation because

a. Those debts fall under the Gaspart era and
b. The club kept house at a proft in the following years, minimizing the risk of insolvency

The Supreme Court now decided that it's not up to the LFP to decide whether or not a board has to stick to this obligation and that a court can demand the guarentee - as it just did now. This decision bears no consequences in a financial way though: The guarentees Laporta has to provide have to be paid back by the club immediately. It's a zero-sum game.

zealot

Actually was Rosell who played the biggest role in Ronaldinho's signing.

Yep. Don't know how many times we need to repeat it. Laporta won the elections on promise of signing Beckham. He got elected but Beckham snubbed him. Rosell then stole Ronaldinho under Ferguson's nose. And the rest is history..

I know these are old posts, I just wanna point out that I'm glad somebody in the internet still remember about Rosell's coup back then. Too many Barca fans have forgotten about this, or they are just too new.

Maria

~Spain's Supreme Court has dismissed the appeal made by former Barcelona chairman Joan Laporta and seven of his directors, and has confirmed the sentence handed down by the Provincial Court that ruled they should provide guarantees for losses incurred in the 2002/3 season, Laporta's first season, that come to a total of €63.8 million.

Pay up.

I wonder how many of the new fans know or care about anything that happend before Ronaldinho came to our club..or how many actually know that Rosell and Freixa were also working for the club at that time and the socio that made the complain against Laporta is a family member of Perearnau, known hater of Valdes and 'journalist' at Mundo Sandritivo. But I guess it's easy to throw words around without actually caring for a man that changed our history.

For those who understand spanish and want to know what is happening at our club right now:
http://esadir.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/salid-y-destrozad-laporta.html?m=1

El Pais:
http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2013/02/12/actualidad/1360701986_582777.html
If Laporta would have been as smart(or evil) as Rosell he would have done to Gaspart what Rosell is doing to him right now or would have sold Iniesta in his last year as our president and now he wouldn't go through all this shame. But he underestimated Rosell(though from a man who is atacking the club when we were trying to win only our 2nd CL you can expect anything) and now he has to pay. I suspect that if he promises that he won't be a candidate in 2016, Laporta won't have to present those guarantees. I can't say how sick Rosell makes me..and if it's true what I read on some spanish forums(that he is letting the Boixos Nois come back at the stadium) then we are oficially returning to the 80s, when a president controls the catalan press, the spanish penyes and the voice of the stadium.
I remember Pep saying that Rosell and Laporta were the 2 sides of the same coin..too bad that they don't want to realize that and remember that Barca should be above any personal war they have.

Last edited:

Blaugrana dude

I wonder how many of the new fans know or care about anything that happend before Ronaldinho came to our club..or how many actually know that Rosell and Freixa were also working for the club at that time and the socio that made the complain against Laporta is a family member of Perearnau, known hater of Valdes and 'journalist' at Mundo Sandritivo. But I guess it's easy to throw words around without actually caring for a man that changed our history.

For those who understand spanish and want to know what is happening at our club right now:
http://esadir.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/salid-y-destrozad-laporta.html?m=1
If Laporta would have been as smart(or evil) as Rosell he would have done to Gaspart what Rosell is doing to him right now or would have sold Iniesta in his last year as our president and now he wouldn't go through all this shame. But he underestimated Rosell(though from a man who is atacking the club when we were trying to win only our 2nd CL you can expect anything) and now he has to pay. I suspect that if he promises that he won't be a candidate in 2016, Laporta won't have to present those guarantees. I can't say how sick Rosell makes me..and if it's true what I read on some spanish forums(that he is letting the Boixos Nois come back at the stadium) then we are oficially returning to the 80s, when a president controls the catalan press, the spanish penyes and the voice of the stadium.
I remember Pep saying that Rosell and Laporta were the 2 sides of the same coin..too bad that they don't want to realize that and remember that Barca should be above any personal war they have.

This. Despite the many faults of Laporta, there are many, he still should be remembered as the man who helped to revitalize Barca and make it become the club it is today. Btw is there any particular reason why Rosell is pursuing Laporta with such vigor? Sure they had a falling out but there has to be something more. Either that or Rosell is a very vengeful person.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Rosell is a douche and while Laporta is slick politician, he's a true culé...His legacy cannot be tainted by Rosell's witch hunt, as he was instrumental in turning this club around and ensuring this era of hegemony

Home of Barca Fans