Joan Laporta

delancey

Real Madrid is currently earning 70m Euros per season with Fly Emirates. I see where Laporta gets the 70m euro benchmark from!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If the 60-70m from Binance as the shirt sponsor is true then that is a great deal in current climate when Rakuten paying around 30m.

Expect Barca to reject it due to their newly reformed code of ethics and conduct, and how a partnership with crypto doesn't adhere to that.

Meanwhile Laporta and co. will play games in countries accused of human rights breaches and meet and cozy up with leaders accused of the same, corruption, and much more.

I think this new board will prove to be more competent than the last one, but if we're being honest they are a wolf in sheep's clothing similar to the last one no matter how much they try to be viewed differently. You have people now using the same line the last board did about foreign fans for example where they are seen as bots if they say something that are against what they believe or want :shrug:

Porque

Expect Barca to reject it due to their newly reformed code of ethics and conduct, and how a partnership with crypto doesn't adhere to that.

Meanwhile Laporta and co. will play games in countries accused of human rights breaches and meet and cozy up with leaders accused of the same, corruption, and much more.

I think this new board will prove to be more competent than the last one, but if we're being honest they are a wolf in sheep's clothing similar to the last one no matter how much they try to be viewed differently. You have people now using the same line the last board did about foreign fans for example where they are seen as bots if they say something that are against what they believe or want :shrug:

Nah, we already launched the BAR token. We're balls deep in this crypto shit.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/fc-barcelona-fan-token/

Besides, Binance is as mainstream as it gets. Might aswell get the money while it is there.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know where the concerns with these crypto currencies come from, granted I don't know anything about that business. Ethics or long-term sustainability? I do remember reading the club rejected a proposal from a crypto currency firm before.

Messigician

I don't know where the concerns with these crypto currencies come from, granted I don't know anything about that business. Ethics or long-term sustainability? I do remember reading the club rejected a proposal from a crypto currency firm before.

Crypto farming destroys the environment

Bad image for more than a club

FinBarcelonafan

Crypto farming destroys the environment

Bad image for more than a club

Its start of a new technology. I assume it will be more environmentally friendly in the future.

Fiat money is worse for environment anyway.

I would say the worst part of Crypto is how many criminals use it for their transfers and some people use it for scamming people.

Messi983

I think last season it was 30m too. As soon as COVID had an impact on the stadium attendance etc. Rakuten started shortchanging us.

FC Barcelona and Rakuten, Inc., a global leader in internet services headquartered in Japan, decided on October 9, 2020, to exercise the option included in the original agreement launched in 2017 to extend their partnership for an additional season, once the initial term of the contract expires on June 30, 2021. This means that Barça and Rakuten are reaffirming their alliance at a time marked by the social and economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, extending the partnership to June 30, 2022.

While no financial details have been disclosed, the club's statement says that "the assets included in the extension will be optimized to be more suitable and aligned to the circumstances of the post-pandemic era".

Could be wrong but I understand this as they've only changed terms of the deal for current season (the one contract was extended for) and not the previous one as well.

jamrock

This team is so so so badly run. They could have had Vlahovic for 18 million they could have had Haaland for 18 million. Now they want an old Morata and a useless Adama Troare crazy! Meanwhile they don't want Dest and Riqui.

They also wanted to keep Dembele thank God he is so greedy and dumb that he will leave for more money.

Ferran Torres is not worth the money they paid for him he is not a Vlahovic or Haaland type. Ridiculous move. That money could have kept Messi.

They resign Umtiti this is like Barto never left. Luke De Jong plays well for a couple games NOW they want to keep him?

Look what Flores did in Madrid as to how to bring in young players and KEEP older players.

They also have to pay Arujo and Nico and Gavi etc where is the money for Haland going to come from. This team could have reuinited Neymar and Messi but bought Greizman instead of Neymar. Ridiculous moves with Barto and now with Laporta. Completely clueless and Xavi is playing favorites just like Koeman did.

It's just sad.

Crap post

iniestaGOAT

Haha I just looked it up myself out of curiosity. Manchester United?s shirt sponsor, Teamviewer, is currently paying Man U 47m pounds per season. Interestingly, Man U?s previous contract was with Chevrolet, which was worth a whopping 64m pounds per season.

You?re right. 30m euros per season seems very low.

Hope Barca never accepts 67m for that shit ugly Chevy jerseys

Home of Barca Fans