Joan Laporta

SeloBarca

Even if it turns out they were right and Laportas board was in red, its just rediculous this is where the board chooses to put their focus in.

Kohe321

@Flavia

It's interesting to see in that documentary you linked a few days ago how different reactions Rosell and Laporta had when watching Barca play (the scene at the wedding comes to mind). Laporta was devastated when they lost and cheered like crazy when things went well, Rosell just looked cold and calculated. Laporta, flaws aside, CARES about how the team does and it pains him deeply to see them perform poorly. This passion is exactly what we're missing now. Laporta would work his ass off to try and fix things and create a CL winning team again, not sit idly by as it crumbles apart behind the scenes, and meanwhile create one image-ruining disaster after another for the club (this 100m lawsuit being the latest idiocy from this board).

I really hope he gets re-elected. With the added experience of having been president once, failed at stuff himself which I hope he has learned from, and also having seen how not to run a club for the last few years, I bet he'd be an awesome club-president again.

Last edited:

Tomchin

@Flavia

It's interesting to see in that documentary you linked a few days ago how different reactions Rosell and Laporta had when watching Barca play (the scene at the wedding comes to mind). Laporta was devastated when they lost and cheered like crazy when things went well, Rosell just looked cold and calculated. Laporta, flaws aside, CARES about how the team does and it pains him deeply to see them perform poorly. This passion is exactly what we're missing now. Laporta would work his ass off to try and fix things and create a CL winning team again, not sit idly by as it crumbles apart behind the scenes, and meanwhile create one image-ruining disaster after another for the club (this 100m lawsuit being the latest idiocy from this board).
One of the key things that I also noticed in the video, was that Rosell wanted to interfere in the transfers, while Laporta wanted to stay away from the football-matters, and gave all the power to Txiki.

No doubt that's why Rosell assigned a yes-man like Zubi as his sporting-director. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of transfers (or rather the lack of transfers) during Rosell's tenure were Rosell's work himself, with Zubi only acting as his puppet.

SeloBarca

Rosell was always powerhungry, when Laporta took more charge even though he didnt want to, Rosell went apeshit.
The other boardmembers had to put Rosell on his place over and over.

amircule

a00decac7646f871c92d3f62b18ac37e.jpg

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Laporta has assured that "the warmth and support" that he has received from people is encouraging him to run for president in Barcelona's next elections, which in principle will be held in 2016.

"We don't need a judge to tell us if we managed Barça well or badly. I think that it is obvious from the results we had."

The ex-president insisted that Josep Maria Bartomeu "is not qualified" to run the club, "because nobody has voted for him".

Laporta also said that Rosell inherited "the best Barça of all time" with "the best contracts" regarding advertising partners and television "and a running credit of

From Marca. Cuts off at the end for some reason. But then again it is Marca :neymar:

Sounds like he is gearing himself up for running for president.

amircule

[h=3]BARCELONA will look to bring Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho back to Spain if Joan Laporta wins the Catalan club's next presidential elections.[/h]http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/532665/Joan-Laporta-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-Barcelona-return

L

linetty

From Marca. Cuts off at the end for some reason. But then again it is Marca :neymar:

Sounds like he is gearing himself up for running for president.
I'm really glad to read Laporta's comments from today.

It's like a soap opera...somebody needs to put an end to this.

Home of Barca Fans