Joan Laporta

Kohe321

Laporta spoke on Catalunya Radio and had some words for current Barcelona president, Bartomeu.
"He has a lot of nerve", he said, in reference to him presiding at the club without having been voted in by its members.
Laporta said that "the best thing for Barça would be to hold elections as soon as possible". Regarding the current board of directors, he said he did not expect "anything" from them. "It's a mistake, they've appealed and this just goes on. Bartomeu is using smoke screens. Our financial results were positive", he said.
"You have to have a lot of nerve to preside illegitimately over Barcelona. You can tell that I'm once again eager to be president. I'm motivated by a project to return Barça to its place at the top of the game", he concluded

This is getting better and better

oeXlZ.gif

YES!

Last edited:

Kohe321

At least we are beginning to catch glimpses of the light at the end of the tunnel

Yeah. To begin a new era changes has to start from the top. Bartomeu and Co. are not the right people to bring Barca back to the top of world football again, in fact they have shown to be the opposite. They are ruining it.

This is the best news from Barca that I have read in a long, long time.

I

instinct

The question is wether he'll run for elections in 2016 or forcing an election next summer.

I

instinct

If CAS shortens the ban, then the elections should definitely be in this summer.

They should be this summer regardless of the ban IMO. We need to regain stability and our image as soon as possible. 1 1/2 years is a long time. Who knows what will happen next with barto etc in charge.

L

linetty

The elections should definitely be this summer even if the ban stays. New board would bring competent people and it would be 50% of success.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I wonder what Laporta's platform is going to look like, particularly in the finance area. None of us likes the deals Rosell/Bartomeu made with the Qataris, but they did make our club more financially healthy. What is Laporta going to do to make sure we have steady streams of income to sustain ourselves athletically and competing with other big clubs?

Kohe321

They should be this summer regardless of the ban IMO. We need to regain stability and our image as soon as possible. 1 1/2 years is a long time. Who knows what will happen next with barto etc in charge.

I couldn't agree more! Even if he can't buy players before 2016, there is a LOT of work and internal repairs that can be started before that time, as well as preparing for the transferwindow of 2016.

Home of Barca Fans