Joan Laporta

Temptation

He's in the limelight currently. Think he'll make some statement signings in the summer. A bad window would make him look like an utter joke.

Joan

He's in the limelight currently. Think he'll make some statement signings in the summer. A bad window would make him look like an utter joke.

Yup. Just hope it isn't some past it oldie.

But with the way the club is, can't see it any other way.

Barcilliant

Fuck Laporta. I mean I know it's a tough job but his love affair with the past is not helping our future.
Keeping Koeman on, hiring Xavi, not getting rid of amigos.... mistake after mistake.
He was mostly lucky with Pep and our golden generation.

FinBarcelonafan

Fuck Laporta. I mean I know it's a tough job but his love affair with the past is not helping our future.
Keeping Koeman on, hiring Xavi, not getting rid of amigos.... mistake after mistake.

I agree. So far he hasn't been ruthless enough BUT he did get rid of Messi.. that's "****** ballsy.

Barcilliant

New Director of scouting is some bum called Paolo Araujo. Worked at Burnley previously and is close to Deco.
This keeps getting better....

iniestaGOAT

So we will waste another season or two just to see if Xavi is up to the task???!!!!
We will end up looking like United who have been perpetually rebuilding for almost ten years.
The immediate short term goal is getting results and improving our shit defense.
Not to mention Allegri took Juve to two Cl finals and God knows how many league titles.

That's impossible. The immediate short term goal was to secure the top 4. Can't get rid of xavi cause he was successful in what he was brought to do.

iniestaGOAT

Let's be honest xavi was his last option. Tuchel and munich manager is who he was obsessed with. We got lucky

Temptation

Let's be honest xavi was his last option. Tuchel and munich manager is who he was obsessed with. We got lucky

Ten Hag was available with a teeny tiny bit of patience. A much better gamble for Barca.

Dude just chose nostalgia and vibes coz he hit the jackpot with Pep.

Barcilliant

Ten Hag was available with a teeny tiny bit of patience. A much better gamble for Barca.

Yep. Knee jerk from Laporta. Laporta him said initially that Xavi should manage the B team first.
If managing the B team was beneath him he should have started at a kid table club.

JamDav1982

Were never getting Ten Hag who as rumoured wanted full control of squad and Barca wont give that when have amigos like Pique, Busi and Alba on the go.

The media sepculated at time Barca had approached him and he gave those names and others who he would want to leave and have full control. Which makes complate sense due to his tyle of play at Ajax and demands he has made at United for control.

No top coach will touch Barca as these players dont fit into style of any top coach and club is full of politics with a boards that talk too much and have their own agendas.

Laporta wasnt sure on Xavi that much was clear when didnt appoint him in summer when trying to recruit other coaches and get Koeman out.

Barca think every coach/player wants to come and cant see how they are creating an environment where that is not the case and struggle to get both.

iniestaGOAT

No. Laporta gambled with xavi and it worked. We got the top 4.
I have no doubt ten Haag will fail at united

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
No. Laporta gambled with xavi and it worked. We got the top 4.
I have no doubt ten Haag will fail at united

Would of still got top 4 with koeman as well... You forget how many injured players we had and 0 reinforcement there was for the team during that period.
He was made a scapegoat even though he was never fit for the job in the first place.

khaled_a_d

Would of still got top 4 with koeman as well... You forget how many injured players we had and 0 reinforcement there was for the team during that period.
He was made a scapegoat even though he was never fit for the job in the first place.

Koeman was unlikely to make top 4 tbh.
The guy created toxic atmosphere and threw his players under the bus. It was just suffocating the team spirit.
Liked his work last year btw even if better was possible, but this season he never let go his beef with Laporta

Home of Barca Fans