Joan Laporta

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not as far as I know. What I do know is rich guys like Jaume Roures of Mediapro and José Elías of Audax (our VP Romeu's boss) all had some sort of fallout with Laporta.

malvolio

Because all I saw from these cheap-ass Catalans is profiting from being in the Barca board. None of them came to invest in the club(club structure is not based on sugar daddy model).

L3v1s

Might be a stupid question, but...

Couldn't each socio pay a fixed sum of let's say 500 euros to help the club? If Barca has somewhere around 140,000 socios that would be 70 million.

I don't know if that's possible as I don't know how everything is run at the club. But since "fans" run this club they should have move sayings than just voting.

Andresito

Staff member

Couldn't each socio pay a fixed sum of let's say 500 euros to help the club? If Barca has somewhere around 140,000 socios that would be 70 million.

I don't know if that's possible as I don't know how everything is run at the club. But since "fans" run this club they should have move sayings than just voting.
There are ways of doing that, subscribe to Barca TV+ or buy one of the limited items in the shop. Barca would never beg for money outright, but they can sell overpriced stuff like a Rosalía kit for a big profit.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Socis are already paying close to 200 euros a year for the membership, raising the annual fee isn't right. However, since we have so many fans, supporters and followers out there (close to 350m from the major social media sites excluding China), if only each one of them would spend like $1, or 1 euro, we will be in a much better place financially.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Socis are already paying close to 200 euros a year for the membership, raising the annual fee isn't right. However, since we have so many fans, supporters and followers out there (close to 350m from the major social media sites excluding China), if only each one of them would spend like $1, or 1 euro, we will be in a much better place financially.
Members are making a profit on their membership by buying cheap season tickets and selling their tickets for 90 percent of the games. Most of them only go to 5 or 6 games per season and don't really give 2 shits about the club. The way they have acted in the past clearly shows that ( Barto, Eintracht. )

By far the biggest thing wrong with the club are the members and the whole presidential format. 4 year terms only encourage short term thinking and no wonder you get guys doing things like Barto did. Who is cleaning up his mess? Not him !

Laporta clearly cares about the club and is thinking somewhat long term. We should be thankful for him for that, at least.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Members are making a profit on their membership by buying cheap season tickets and selling their tickets for 90 percent of the games. Most of them only go to 5 or 6 games per season and don't really give 2 shits about the club. The way they have acted in the past clearly shows that ( Barto, Eintracht. )

By far the biggest thing wrong with the club are the members and the whole presidential format. 4 year terms only encourage short term thinking and no wonder you get guys doing things like Barto did. Who is cleaning up his mess? Not him !

Laporta clearly cares about the club and is thinking somewhat long term. We should be thankful for him for that, at least.

I couldn't disagree more with you on this.

First off, not every soci is a season ticket holder. Out of the 140,000 or so socis we have around 83,000 season ticket holders, the vast majority of them didn't go through the hurdles to become socis and season ticket holders only hoping to resell their tickets. Barça tickets are not hard to get, in general.

For me the best thing about the club is the fact that we are owned by the socis and we have a democratic process to elect our president. 4-year term is not short by any means, plus you can seek re-election. If you want a long-term dictator-like president or a sugar daddy type of owner/president, clearly Barça is not the club and you should look elsewhere.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I couldn't disagree more with you on this.

First off, not every soci is a season ticket holder. Out of the 140,000 or so socis we have around 83,000 season ticket holders, the vast majority of them didn't go through the hurdles to become socis and season ticket holders only hoping to resell their tickets. Barça tickets are not hard to get, in general.

For me the best thing about the club is the fact that we are owned by the socis and we have a democratic process to elect our president. 4-year term is not short by any means, plus you can seek re-election. If you want a long-term dictator-like president or a sugar daddy type of owner/president, clearly Barça is not the club and you should look elsewhere.
Ok, what is it that you find so appealing about the membership model. Is it some weird badge of honour, because I can assure you no fans of other clubs are looking upon Barca's membership model and envying it. In contrast, other fans are pitying Barca for being broke because of it.

Or is it the actual members you care about themselves. I can get on board with that, if we had decent members who didn't sell their ticket to opposing fans most of the time. The average Barca member is a rich pensioner who goes to the Camp Nou as if he going to theatre. Entertain me and I may clap, if you are lucky.

Infact the only noise that will come from him is the odd whistle at a poor refereeing decision, or more likely, at his own team. And please no insulting chants about Real Madrid because the soci will boo that too ( happens every time they try to chant MHDP ). And Sherlocks are still trying to work out why there is no atmosphere. In contrast, other clubs are filling their stands with passionate, young supporters, take a look at Bilbao and Sociedad.

Or even better the members who kept voting in Barto again and again and even in 2020 when it was clear that the club had been destroyed by Barto, a large proportion of members couldn't even be arsed to turn up to vote him out 😂. Would he still even be in charge had the supporters not stormed the Camp Nou?

Why do you think an owner would automatically be ' dictator ' like and inferior to an elected one. The statistics show the opposite, unless you can name me any good presidents Barca has had not named Laporta.

iniestaGOAT

Ok, what is it that you find so appealing about the membership model. Is it some weird badge of honour, because I can assure you no fans of other clubs are looking upon Barca's membership model and envying it. In contrast, other fans are pitying Barca for being broke because of it.

Or is it the actual members you care about themselves. I can get on board with that, if we had decent members who didn't sell their ticket to opposing fans most of the time. The average Barca member is a rich pensioner who goes to the Camp Nou as if he going to theatre. Entertain me and I may clap, if you are lucky.

Infact the only noise that will come from him is the odd whistle at a poor refereeing decision, or more likely, at his own team. And please no insulting chants about Real Madrid because the soci will boo that too ( happens every time they try to chant MHDP ). And Sherlocks are still trying to work out why there is no atmosphere. In contrast, other clubs are filling their stands with passionate, young supporters, take a look at Bilbao and Sociedad.

Or even better the members who kept voting in Barto again and again and even in 2020 when it was clear that the club had been destroyed by Barto, a large proportion of members couldn't even be arsed to turn up to vote him out 😂. Would he still even be in charge had the supporters not stormed the Camp Nou?

Why do you think an owner would automatically be ' dictator ' like and inferior to an elected one. The statistics show the opposite, unless you can name me any good presidents Barca has had not named Laporta.

There are no good owners. They are all dictators. Like PL. Those clubs have no identities.

We can and have been comepeting with every owner with this model.

Its only Qatar and Saudis and state owned clubs we can't compete with.

iniestaGOAT

Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Spurs all hate their dicators.

Only Chelsea fans loved their owner but now hes gone and they got a lunatic in charge.

God help them. I will pray for my chelsea brothers.

PL football is business, they don't care about winning. They care about making moneyyyyy.

Home of Barca Fans