Joan Laporta

serghei

No i am saying I think he could well be their best player since has signed and going forward.

If Vini is better with both there he will show it. Could be.

Your argumen is Bellingham v past Vini which cant compare fairly. I am saying with both at club and now Bellingham could well be best player already.

I know this type of argument.

You think a player is already better than X or Y based on eye-test. Proving it is just the innevitable confirmation of that quality. He was a great player, so of course he showed it.

I think a player is only better AFTER he proves it. The only way to know for sure who has the right combination of football ability and the right character build to make it is witnessing how that happens.

How do you think flops happen? Transfer flops are usually cases where football abilities have been subjugated by human flaws that affect competitiveness. Intellect, childhood, genetics, will power, all play a part.

I know Vinicius has what it takes to decide key matches because I've seen him doing it. I don't know that about Bellingham. Initial signs are great. He could have that X factor too.

ajnotkeith

I know this type of argument.

You think a player is already better than X or Y based on eye-test. Proving it is just the innevitable confirmation of that quality. He was a great player, so of course he showed it.

I think a player is only better AFTER he proves it. The only way to know for sure who has the right combination of football ability and the right character build to make it is witnessing how that happens. I

How do you think flops happen? Transfer flops are usually cases where football abilities have been subjugated by human flaws that affect competitiveness. Intellect, childhood, genetics, will power, all play a part.

I know Vinicius has what it takes to decide key matches because I've seen him doing it. I don't know that about Bellingham. Initial signs are great. He could have that X factor too.
Or you make your own judgement of those factors.

JamDav1982

No the argument is simple I think he may be Reals best player already from here and with Vini in the squad.

Time will tell.

If he is better than Vini this season and seasons to come overall that would prove correct or not and what Vini did before he arrived is not relevant to that argument.

Very simple.

JamDav1982

Each to their own.

You can use Vini last seasons as part of your judgement about who is currently the best player and will be the best player this season going forward.

Others can choose not to think that is the over riding factor in who is currently best and will be going forward.

Very simple.

Opinions.

serghei

They are. It's why more top money signings fail than turn out great.

Player future predictions work when you make very few of them. The more you make, the more wrong you will be. It's very hard to estimate how a player will react when put into a situation he's never been before in his career.

If I ask you to make 10 predictions about players that aren't proven, only very vew, maybe 2-3 will end up confirming your prediction and become top class.

serghei

Elite professionals in football get paid a lot for that sort of insight. And even they are often wrong.

You can be a great football fan with a lot of knowledge and still find that close to impossible. Pep himself thought Chygrinsky is gonna be a top defender. :lol:

JamDav1982

They are. It's why more top money signings fail than turn out great.

Player future predictions work when you make very few of them. The more you make, the more wrong you will be. It's very hard to estimate how a player will react when put into a situation he's never been before in his career.

If I ask you to make 10 predictions about players that aren't proven, only very vew, maybe 2-3 will end up confirming your prediction and become top class.

No that is complete nonsense and all transfers have predictions as part of them based on history anyway.

If predictions didnt matter the bookies would not make money and football teams would just throw darts at names.

Absurb claim.

The best teams are the ones that make the most correct predictions and get far more right than wrong.

JamDav1982

Elite professionals in football get paid a lot for that sort of insight. And even they are often wrong.

You can be a great football fan with a lot of knowledge and still find that close to impossible. Pep himself thought Chygrinsky is gonna be a top defender. :lol:

Big difference from some errors to making out most predictions are wrong.

Pep makes far more good decisions on players than bad ones.

JamDav1982

I'm talking about predictions about how players are gonna do in the future.

Yes and it is false to say most are wrong.

Most are right and most people would agree on majority of them also.

Clubs make predictions on players all the time and will get majority of them right when assess them.

Home of Barca Fans