Joan Laporta

serghei

You may as well hold your tongue then because a chimpanzee can tell you 'Real won the CL so they are good' or 'Barca were 9th so they are bad'.

No point making such posts as they add nothing.

I wouldn't say anything if many here would't constantly deny obvious things. Why would you even claim Baca are better than Madrid when they haven't even made it past groupstage in CL yet? Simple.

To shit on Xavi even if he wins stuff, and make it look as if he didn't achieve much. He just did what anyone else would've done. Which is take a superior Barca team to a league title that they were bound to win anyway. :lol:

The problem with your copouts by claiming 'I said that a long time ago' is you yourself have said about basically everything 'I will only agree when I see it happen', which logically implies a continuation of time and a prediction for something which happens in the future. Like Spurs and United having a better squad, to be disproven on that we had to wait for the results of the season as you wouldn't accept logic.

Or like now when you claim Madrid are still way better than Barca... best proof of that will be going forward and seeing what happens this season. At the end of the season will you just say 'I said that a long time ago'?

That's true. In case of some posters here, I only agree with them if they back what they say with solid facts, when they say it. You and others like you don't bring those solid arguments, because you "predict" things. You position yourself in such a way that you're just not trustworthy to me.

You say something today, and if things go well, in the future you present "told you so" variant A - "I knew the team is great and destined for big things". If things don't go well, you predicted that too, you bring up "told you so" variant B - "I knew we shouldn't have hired Xavi".

JamDav1982

Fake news.

You claim shit like that about saying Barca have marginally better squad and would have as slight favs for league.

Turn that into 'Xavi hater' nonsense.

When in fact is is backing Xavi and squad to get better of Real while others claim they are no capable of that for years.

serghei

Barca don't have better squad than Madrid. Better squads go deep in CL, they don't get sent to EL as early as the groups. Move on, this is a dumb argument. Come back with it when you have something.

Barca have the promise of a nice squad. At least until the loanees go back to their clubs next summer.

JamDav1982

Barca don't have better squad than Madrid. Better squads go deep in CL, they don't get sent to EL as early as the groups. Move on, this is a dumb argument. Come back with it when you have something.

Dont agree.

Barca had better team/squad last season hence why had them slight favs for league.

Dumb is the one thought Real were 100s of millions ahead, would win for years and favs for CL with that squad.

Better teams win the league by double digits not beating teams that are no even in CL this year.

So desperate for the 'Real are still superior' narrative it is laughable.

Now devaluing what Barca did due to Real beating teams that are not even in CL this season.

No coach will tell you indictor of squad depth is getting scudded in CL semis and losing league by double digits is the case.

serghei

You're a betting man, right? How come Madrid are clear favorites for both La Liga and CL ahead of Barca? :lol: Can do this all day and most arguments are simply in my favor.

I know you don't like it, but you have no choice except waiting for better times and saying you were right all along. It's your angle after all. If you wait enough time, there is a chance Barca are gonna surpass Madrid. Not a big one, but there is.

JamDav1982

You're a betting man, right? How come Madrid are clear favorites for both La Liga and CL ahead of Barca? :lol: Can do this all day and most arguments are simply in my favor.

What relevance would that have?

They would have been favs for league a year ago....

Awful argument as per usual.

Bookies odds are based on what money they expect to be placed as much as liklehood. Most likely made a lot of money off of folk like you over rating them last year.

JamDav1982

Bookies odds have Real at around evens and Barca not far off that.

Hardly 'clear favs'... also Real are ahead in league currently.

Bookies have Bayern as clearer favs for CL over Real... yet you scoff at thought of that.

Contradicting yourself as per usual.

serghei

No my arguments are relevant to the discussion.

Do better and stop contradicting yourself and arguing against yourself with 'bookies odds' arguments and the such.

They don't exist.

Madrid have higher valued squad, more players in the ballon d'or even in 2023, let alone 2022, better odds to win, better results over recent years, much more money to spend on best talents and so on. Most unbiased sources have them as better team with better players.

We compensate with La Masia talents, and with a top structure by Laporta, and with smart signings. Which is why we won La Liga and we're in a position to challenge them again.

That's amazing for a club in our position.

JamDav1982

They don't exist.

Madrid have higher valued squad, more players in the ballon d'or even in 2023, let alone 2022, bigger odds to win, better results over recent years and so on.

Barca were better last year and had better squad.

They proved it across the season.

Exist fine.

Your usual points you think are clever and all they do is expose your mental gymnastics... bookies odds being the lastest attempt.

Folk like you be a bookies dream.

'Balon dor nominees'... couldnt care less.. they had even more a year ago when told you Real were not as good as you thought when had them as best in Europe and winning La Liga for years.

serghei

Barca were better last year and had better squad.

They proved it across the season.

Exist fine.

Your usual points you think are clever and all they do is expose your mental gymnastics... bookies odds being the lastest attempt.

Folk like you be a bookies dream.

They proved it in the biggest competiton also?

Oh, wait...

Why are you making me say this stuff... :lol:

JamDav1982

They proved it in the biggest competiton also?

No they proved it over the season in comparison to Real.

Winning league means more than being scudded in CL by first top team meet and losing league by double digits.

Simple.

Imagine simping so much fo Real have to try and cope by heralding a CL run that was a hammering by City and defeating two teams that finished behind Man Utd and Newcastle.

Sensational.

serghei

No they proved it over the season in comparison to Real.

Winning league means more than being scudded in CL by first top team meet and losing league by double digits.

Simple.

Ok. Barca were better in La Liga, Madrid were better in CL and Copa.

Home of Barca Fans