Joan Laporta

Gnidrologist

Ate too many
shoulda stop here
Unless he has genetic problems, which i doubt as he wasn't obese, when younger, he's just given into the vice of gluttony and doesn't carte about getting that act up. I'd suggest him to go on pure meat/vegetables diet and no sugar. Would not make him slender without working out, but just return to his 40 something volume, which would be 'thin' to his current standards. Probably likes to drink sweet wine and snack all evening.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Read that he was advised against travel before and is generally not in good health. Needs to watch himself, he is not that early 40s party animal anymore to sustain that lifestyle.

No question his health will be a concern going forward which in his early 60s is still far too young to be handicapped this way. Has to shed the weight

delancey

Meh… to offer an opposite perspective, there’s a difference between weight and weight. Weight is not an absolute indicator of health. That is, one can be overweight while having normal health values. Spaniards substitute butter for olive oil, and fast food for home cooked hearty meals full of nutritious vitamins. It has a huge emphasis on natural ingredients.

An overweight Spaniard is not equal to an overweight North European, merely as a result of differing diets. Different diets have different effects on the body.

If you’ve ever been to Spain, you’ll notice that many older men look exactly like him: 10-15 kgs overweight. They live long lives, on average.

JamDav1982

Obesity is a problem in Spain that they are trying to tackle due to the health problems and cost involved.

See them waddling about Marbella all the time similar folk to Laporta and it is not a healthy way to be.. particularly when based on poor diet, smoking and drinking on top.

Being that size at that age has a lot of health risks.. in Spain or anywhere else.

delancey

Obesity is a problem in Spain that they are trying to tackle due to the health problems and cost involved.

See them waddling about Marbella all the time similar folk to Laporta and it is not a healthy way to be.. particularly when based on poor diet, smoking and drinking on top.

Being that size at that age has a lot of health risks.. in Spain or anywhere else.

Of course! Excessive fat weight is an indicator of poor health, but it’s not an absolute indicator. Health values may differ significantly between two overweight individuals depending on their respective diets.

Agreed on the alcohol! Not good! I mean, again, in moderation, is fine, despite what the WHO says.

Does Laporta smoke?

Gnidrologist

Meh… to offer an opposite perspective, there’s a difference between weight and weight. Weight is not an absolute indicator of health. That is, one can be overweight while having normal health values. Spaniards substitute butter for olive oil, and fast food for home cooked hearty meals full of nutritious vitamins. It has a huge emphasis on natural ingredients.

An overweight Spaniard is not equal to an overweight North European, merely as a result of differing diets. Different diets have different effects on the body.

If you’ve ever been to Spain, you’ll notice that many older men look exactly like him: 10-15 kgs overweight. They live long lives, on average.
Absolute bullshit, The only way it can be "acceptable" to be this fat is 1) genetic thing 2) taking medicine side effects of which makes you fat
My father is a second case. He has a prostata cancer that rtelapse somem years ago and they said he'll die soon, if not tsking certain medicine. Not sure how good that medicine is, but its side effects made him really fat and weak. He wants to live more years so he takes it, but he has gotten really weak and fat. He was really quite fit and healthy for a guy in his late 60s, but that medicine made him really look old now at his 72.

In case of Laporta. if he doesn't have any illness and is just incredibly fat just like that, it means he's a gluttonous cretin, who can't control his vices. For a person, who want to achieve thing, he really should think about his own stature first. Just stop being such a weak and lazy man for fucks sake! He's good representation what Barca as a football club has become. Weak, complacent hive of amigos instead of a proficient fighting unit.

JamDav1982

Being that overweight increases the chances of health problems for everyone.

Folk in Spain that weight are no healthier than anywhere else really and by 'healthier' means still putting themselves at significant higher risk of health problems regardless.

delancey

Absolute bullshit, The only way it can be "acceptable" to be this fat is 1) genetic thing 2) taking medicine side effects of which makes you fat
My father is a second case. He has a prostata cancer that rtelapse somem years ago and they said he'll die soon, if not tsking certain medicine. Not sure how good that medicine is, but its side effects made him really fat and weak. He wants to live more years so he takes it, but he has gotten really weak and fat. He was really quite fit and healthy for a guy in his late 60s, but that medicine made him really look old now at his 72.

In case of Laporta. if he doesn't have any illness and is just incredibly fat just like that, it means he's a gluttonous cretin, who can't control his vices. For a person, who want to achieve thing, he really should think about his own stature first. Just stop being such a weak and lazy man for fucks sake! He's good representation what Barca as a football club has become. Weak, complacent hive of amigos instead of a proficient fighting unit.
First of all, sorry to hear about your father. It’s never an easy thing to see someone you care about go down hill.

Your father has a medical condition, so his example is not applicable to the discussion at hand. It does not contradict my opinion.

The Anglo Saxon hemisphere is riddled in unhealthy ingredients, so we oftentimes assume that excessive weight gain is bad for us (in absolute terms), for the diet is oftentimes unhealthy. My opinion contradicts this mindset. That is, 1 kilo of animal fat is not equivalent to the equivalent liter quantity of olive oil (measured in calories). Both may result in similar weight gain, but different foods have different consequences on our bodies.

Of course, obesity is never ideal, and I am not endorsing an unhealthy lifestyle riddled in gluttony, alcohol and cigarettes, as someone mentioned above. But I’d rather be overweight from a Mediterranean diet than an Anglo-Saxon or Scandinavian diet. Well, some Scandinavian diets are healthier than others. :lol:

Different diets affect our health differently, and weight is merely one metric of many used to measure health.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Been cozying up big time to the Saudis of late from what I've noticed.
Wonder if his backup plan if it all goes to hell is selling a stake to the Saudis. Perhaps that's why they're also indifferent about investing that much in Newcastle.

JamDav1982

Been cozying up big time to the Saudis of late from what I've noticed.
Wonder if his backup plan if it all goes to hell is selling a stake to the Saudis. Perhaps that's why they're also indifferent about investing that much in Newcastle.

They are investing a lot in Newcastle.

Of course he is out there looking for investment.

DonAK

Man went from having Cruyff and Txiki advising him to a nobody and a former handball player that's known to be racist.

I should have known this was a doomed project from the beginning.

DonAK

From Johan Cruyff, Txiki Bergiristain and Ferran Soriano to Rafa Yuste and Enric Masip(fucking clown and a handball player lol).

Guess his first term was less about him and more about him just having the right people back then. This time he's surrounded by a band of clowns.

Home of Barca Fans