Joan Laporta

SCare

When is the next presidential election? 2010? Do you guys want Laporta to continue to our El Presidente?

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Doesn't have to be Laporta because even he has faults but there is unlikely to be a better candidate...Most importantly with Laporta, however, I believe he is the only rumoured candidate who has shown he understands the club...Plus, the club enjoyed it's best reputation globally under his leadership

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's apparently going to stand with legendary FCB handball player Enric Masip at his side as VP.

Rumours that he want Puyol as Sporting Director.

If he want to win then he better bring his A game as Bartomeu will garner more votes with the treble and last minute extension.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think there's absolutely no chance Bartomeu will continue

I love Puyol but I can't see how he'd be ready to become sporting director for the club already

DonAK

I think there's absolutely no chance Bartomeu will continue

I love Puyol but I can't see how he'd be ready to become sporting director for the club already

I think you're underestimating the short memories of people and the older guard who read MD's pro-Bartomeu propaganda.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think you're underestimating the short memories of people and the older guard who read MD's pro-Bartomeu propaganda.

You're right, it could happen - I mean Bush was re-elected when no one dreamt it possible either...Except, Barto was never elected

I think it's going to be a fairly contentious election so the next 3-5 weeks are going to be intense which makes it better that some key issues were resolved (Dani, Vidal & Lucho) before hand

khaled_a_d

Puyol served as Zubi assistant for some time ,got the license to be sporting director too .
I don't know if it is the best choice but he is a legitimate candidate

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Puyol served as Zubi assistant for some time ,got the license to be sporting director too .
I don't know if it is the best choice but he is a legitimate candidate

Zubi who took twice as long as most SDs to finalize transfers and a 6 month internship for Puyol - not exactly a ringing endorsement for SD, IMO

khaled_a_d

Zubi who took twice as long as most SDs to finalize transfers and a 6 month internship for Puyol - not exactly a ringing endorsement for SD, IMO

He joined him in September to probably just be familiar how things work within the management ,by that I mean the guy is familiar a bit with the situation and won't be totally rookie for the postion .
tbh ,I never understood how sporting directors got choosed

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He joined him in September to probably just be familiar how things work within the management ,by that I mean the guy is familiar a bit with the situation and won't be totally rookie for the postion .
tbh ,I never understood how sporting directors got choosed

It's not an easy job though, there are requisite skills that are vital for which I'm sure Carles doesn't have much experience...Experience that would require far more than 6 months to learn nevermind master, especially for a club the size of Barcelona

I'd love it if Puyol was part of the Laporta team but I hope he isn't left to that sort of responsibility on his own

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
See, if we had Laporta he'd listen to Cruyff and Barca would never get Neymar and Suárez. Because according to Cruyff, more than one superstar in attack can't work.

DonAK

See, if we had Laporta he'd listen to Cruyff and Barca would never get Neymar and Suárez. Because according to Cruyff, more than one superstar in attack can't work.

We got Ibrahimovic under Laporta's tenture.

Home of Barca Fans