Joan Laporta

companyofcules

Secondly I will not say Laporta made some wonders here. He just finaly man up and corrected his mistakes when dealing with Koeman and the strategy of Xavi.
If not for La Masia and this results Laporta would have banckrupted the club because of Xavi.
He saw it, he got desperate that even his little hype about La Masia would not work after Xavi said we are a small club and we should get used to it.
Small clubs can't pay 3 billions in debt for the stadium and the pandemic shit show = Valencia status at best, banckruptcy at worst.
Still, the situation is not going to be wonderful since we need to get new players to replace the failed transfers.
La Masia can't do that.
Thirdly we should not cry too much for egocentrics in flashy pants.
If let's say Iniesta was treated badly then we had a case against Laporta.
In my opinion he is only guilty for ruining the team built by Koeman and blamiing him, as Xavi did. Then because he is a tiki-taka fanatic and thought Xavi will take the team and will do wonders.
He didn't, first year UEL, then he splashed desperate money to get to a second place, then he splashed out money for a La Liga in coma and somehow ended believing their hype while being UEL level again.

companyofcules

Not gonna lie, decision to let Xavi go when fans were chanting his name and bet on Flick who was ridiculed by a lot of people was bold.
Yes, but that's his job. Also the decision to let Messi go was ok, Griez too, but just state that 3 months before not 1 day before and collapse the whole team, force us to go hunting for scraps to replace them and blame the manager.
Who was not briliant but was close to winning a title with Lenglet, Umtiti, Pique, Roberto, Dest and others who can't defend after we won a 8-2 humiliation.
(If you take out the personal mistakes from the last 10 games Koeman won that league with a tactical imput, he was not worthy of those attacks from the catalan fans who wanted Xavi, kids that never knew him)
But our fans are realy dumb, they won Pique as president while he got trashed 8-2 and blamed others.

companyofcules

In my opinion his next bold move should be getting a real striker. He splashed 150 mil for 3 failed ones in my opinion.
Let's hope he doesn't splash for a LW because there are none of quality in our days. There are some who have ball control and that's it. Some fail to score, some only run.

Home of Barca Fans