João Cancelo

serghei

Loan + option is good. But his attitude is a big question mark. Seems to be a massive twat.

Basically do it the Bayern style, loan him 1 year to plug a hole, and ship him back next season.

Raketa10

This guy is a world class RB which is a BIG fucking improvement considering we don't have a RB at all. I don't understand what some of you are bitching about?

All other options are far worse than him.

Fresneda is inexperienced and far from finished product. Even if we sign him he will probably go on loan.

Martinez is a defensive full back and we can't be sure if he is good enough. However, if we fail to sign Cancelo he would a logical second choice.

Foyth is way to expensive and far from a perfect RB solution for Barca. We should stay away from him.

With all that in mind, loaning Cancelo with an option to buy is by far the best solution right now. In addition to that we should be happy that we are FINALLY addressing our long term RB issue.

Last edited:

Raketa10

He is great going forward at times, cannot defend for shit though.

For that we have Kounde and Araujo. If we'll need to adjust for players like Vinicius we can always play one of those two there and Christensen as a CB. However, for majority of La Liga games when we will have ball possession above 60%, Cancelo should be a great solution. Last season we had a big problem attacking from the right side, even against weak opponents. Cancelo should help us improve in that segment.

Last edited:

fergus90

For that we have Kounde and Araujo. If we'll need to adjust for players like Vinicius we can always play one of those two there and Christensen as a CB.
Personally think he's best deployed on the left. Loves an outside of the foot cross in the box. I don't mind him joining but if Xavi plays him at RB this forum will be flaming him within 3 games :lol:

Raketa10

Personally think he's best deployed on the left. Loves an outside of the foot cross in the box. I don't mind him joining but if Xavi plays him at RB this forum will be flaming him within 3 games :lol:

He won't play there. We have Balde for that spot. This forum wants a 31y old washed up Neymar back. A player who betrayed Barca and stopped performing few seasons ago. A player who is injured more than Dembele and who could have a poisonous influence on our young players. With all that in mind I don't think this forum should be a reference point for anything.

fergus90

He won't play there. We have Balde for that spot. This forum wants a 31y old washed up Neymar back. A player who betrayed Barca and stopped performing few seasons ago. A player who is injured more than Dembele and who could have a poisonous influence on our young players. With all that in mind I don't think this forum should be a reference point for anything.
I know he won't play there but that's where he has the best impact in my opinion. He can be world class on his day when he's able to dribble players and deliver fantastic crosses in the box.

Temptation

Having watched a lot of his game, here's the Temptation take on him:

He's a terrific attacking Full Back. He's versatile and truly gifted. World Class Technical ability. People forget how good he was right before falling out with Pep. There's a reason why so many big clubs bought him. He's top class in terms of his performances on the pitch. Despite his reputation of being a difficult guy, it's easily worth a gamble. Loan with option to buy would be great.

Think he'll be an inspired signing for Barca. Name a better RB signing Barca could get rn?

Home of Barca Fans