João Cancelo

Raketa10

Those lunatics from City are apparently proposing a buy option somewhere between 45-60 mil EUR for him. WTF??? It should be 30-35 max. I really can't understand them. Pep and the club don't count on him at all. However, their demands are far from reasonable.

Last edited:

Porque

Doesn't matter what the buy option is really. Whatever it is we lowball it and show them who the true Catalans are.

Nello

Those lunatics from City are apparently proposing a buy option somewhere between 45-60 mil EUR for him. WTF??? It should be 30-35 max. I really can't understand them. Pep and the club don't count on him at all. However, their demands are far from reasonable.
Well as long as it isn't mandatory I'm not too fussed. Don't think he'll be a big succes unfortunately, hope I'm wrong tho. Any kind of offensive improvement to the team is welcomed.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There shouldn't be a mandatory buy option in the first place, just like what Bayern got, let alone something at 60m being rumored.

Those Catalans at City are really something else. Always being harsh with Barcelona. Not asking for particular favors, just the same terms like how they would have dealt with other clubs. Geez.

As to Cancelo, the writing is pretty much on the wall, isn't it? Both City and Bayern discarded him, there had to be a reason. Why did he have attitude issues in the first place? Because he was dropped. Why was he dropped? Because he wasn't good enough, probably.

Porque

Probably happens late in the window.

You know what would get us better terms?

Signing Fresneda.

Right now with 15+ days in the market and City knowing Cancelo is Xavi priority, were not going to get the best deal on the table.

Best to secure our future and be "hey, if you can do Cancelo for xxx we will take him" on D-Day. If not, enjoy the moaning and sour face on the training ground.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah, I'd rather have Zambrotta but not at rightback. You know what I mean.
Wasn't primarily directed at you.

I'm not convinced by Fresneda, and it seems to be the case in most clubs. Very split opinions.

Getting Cancelo on loan would be great. Now City probably don't want him back next season again like when he went to Bayern with that sky high clause.
A loan deal with an option to buy would be very good.

Barca not only the desperate side here. City don't want Cancelo and there aren't many takers.

Porque

None taken. I'd take Cancelo because it makes sense, but I do think he has shown his best ball from LB where he can be more of a creator.

Fresneda has become a bit of a hipster choice, everyone loves the youth. One of those that if you got 10m+variables on the books, you don't think as has potential, top level exp and would be on a low long term contract- so low amortization.

I actually think Kounde ended the season well in the attacking department at FB and would keep him there right now ahead of Araujo. Which means that a younger FB is relatively low risk. Even if Cancelo bid come, Xavi still probably opts for Araujo against the elite teams.

Daisymorr

Would be a good short term signing. Good on the ball and might be able to create chances from the RB position.
If it can be done cheaply I'd be in favour of the signing.
He would improve the RB position - provide an option at LB & allow Araujo to go back into CB beside Kounde.

Verdict: Get him signed

vuji_31

He is 10x better then everyone we have and 5x better then other options.

It is 100% best option to go if money is good around 30-35mil.

But still I am more worried about attack, we will nees to invest big money in next two years on RW an LW, and maybe even ST because who kniws what happens with Roque.

fergus90

He is 10x better then everyone we have and 5x better then other options.

It is 100% best option to go if money is good around 30-35mil.

But still I am more worried about attack, we will nees to invest big money in next two years on RW an LW, and maybe even ST because who kniws what happens with Roque.
To be fair, Cancelo probably solves more problems offensively than defensively.

Home of Barca Fans