João Cancelo

Porque

Fabrizio Romano says no interest from Chelsea so far. I hope we can still get him.

Not sure if the rumor that the buy-option of Cancelo being not mandatory is true.

Shouldn't be. The Bayern move should have damaged his stock.

No need for us to have one too. Next summer with a bigger budget we could go for attacking types like Vanderson who Deco has been linked with before.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Shouldn't be. The Bayern move should have damaged his stock.

No need for us to have one too. Next summer with a bigger budget we could go for attacking types like Vanderson who Deco has been linked with before.

Yeah, I mean we absolutely shouldn't get a mandatory buy option, to me that is a show-stopper for this deal. If there is no mandatory buy option just an optional one and the loan fee is reasonable, perhaps.

If this makes us end up losing Fresneda, we will bang ourselves in the head years from now.

Porque

There will be other fullbacks though. I think the problem with the fallback market has been lack of offensive fullbacks rather than defensive.

Fresneda has the highest potential out of the Spanish Rightbacks, and part of the allure is his mystique of potential. But realistically speaking, this isn't a Balde type of deal in terms of what he will bring to the team.

I do think as an opportunity his upside is great though and we should sign him this window.

My bigger concern is that we bring in Cancelo on big wages (13m gross at City so one of the highest earners here and there) and a hefty transfer fee with a longish contract. One that when he loses his speed, motivation or just doesn't make the impact expected in lethargoball, that we struggle to get off the books bar some Mendes magic to Saudi.

Messi983

Sport says we have a deal with City. Loan with buy option a bit over 30m that will become obligatory if certain conditions are met, like Cancelo playing over 70% of matches and Barca qualifying for KO rounds of CL.

vuji_31

30mil is nothing in this market.

Good deal for us.

He will massively improve our game in right side and Araujo will not get injured trying to dribble opponents or right back.

Loki

I'll wait for Romano's confirmation. They probably think it's a safe bet since he wrote it's a matter of time and just risked this for klicks.

BJJ

That CL clause made me 😂 😆.

Round of 16? Is that what we've come to???

With Xavis record you NEVER know.

Still Cancelo is one of the best RBs in the world. Whether Xavi actually knows how to use him is another matter all together.

Home of Barca Fans